The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

6 hours ago, Me_ said:

It’s a great 4th line:

ROUSSEL - BEAGLE - ERIKSSON

I wish the Canucks had a line like that…

No need to wish... Call up Arizona to void the trade...  I'm having cold feet about commiting that much $ for that long to OEL...  How can we know he won't be just like Eriksson? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Now that’s a fun dream…

Whatta ya mean dream???? It’s super realistic! And with all the offensive minded guys on the backend it might just turn into a nightmare some nights…..

OEL Dobson

Hughes Meyers

Juolevi/Rathbone Hamonic 

6 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Whatta ya mean dream???? It’s super realistic! And with all the offensive minded guys on the backend it might just turn into a nightmare some nights…..

OEL Dobson

Hughes Meyers

Juolevi/Rathbone Hamonic 

That is a hell of a defense.

15 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

No need to wish... Call up Arizona to void the trade...  I'm having cold feet about commiting that much $ for that long to OEL...  How can we know he won't be just like Eriksson? 

If OEL doesn't improve, buy him out in 3 years. Not anywhere near the same kind of contract as Mr stone hands.

16 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Mostly because OEL is a top defenceman and  Loui was a top six winger with concussion and apparently attitude issues.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Manson has to be the target in a trade.

6’3 215 lbs. Tough as nails. Mobile. 29 years old. 

See if Anaheim will trade straight across for Schmidt.  

He has a modified NTC with a 12 team list so if we’re not on it and the Ducks are willing I’m all over that like moss on Loui.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Manson? How do we get him? Schmidt for Manson straight up? Does Anaheim need a LHD that badly? Do they do this because they can't re-sign Manson long term? Do we do this to free up space in the future? 

This Ekman-Larsson/Garland/Guenther/Dead weight trade is the biggest trade since Luongo for Bertuzzi in 2006. I really think this is what brings us back into the conversation as a dominant team. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

You don’t that’s half the fun.  Fortunately lots of d men have played well into their 30’s

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

I'm having cold feet about commiting that much $ for that long to OEL... 

Well good news is,  its not up to you or your money LOL , so you are fine, relax and enjoy the nucks this upcomming season 

45 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Manson would be a dream pickup. Being a divisional rival I imagine they don't want Manson causing problems for them. On top of him helping our young stud D-man run shop on their team. Lol. But if it can be done without giving up either of Pod or Hogs I think it'd be a very smart picking up Manson.

• Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, x00x said:

Well good news is,  its not up to you or your money LOL , so you are fine, relax and enjoy the nucks this upcomming season 

Good point!! Time to roll the dice anyway!! I'm happy we won't have to endure one more season of the most overpaid 4th line in the history of hockey!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Go for Matt Roy, under the radar but the more you look at his game he'd fit in nicely

• Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Go for Matt Roy, under the radar but the more you look at his game he'd fit in nicely

LA signed him to a new contract starting this season.  Doubt they'd want to trade him.  

2 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

Sekeres? Is that you?