The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

Honestly speaking we actually might be good here.

We don't get dead weight contracts, gives us a good top 4 d so we're not relying on Hughes, Rathbone and Juolevi on the left side which is PAPER THIN. 

Garland looks to be a defensively sound person who can chip in the odd goal every now and then. 

Question is who's going on our left side? We're still logjammed unless he decides to move either Rathbone or Juolevi??

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -SN- said:

So, I have to say I don't like this.  We've essentially extended an awful contract, except now it's worse. We don't have a first round pick, again, and we're running dry on prospects. For everyone saying Gillis left us with the cupboards empty, Benning is doing the same. 

That’s 2 years in a row with no first, after he spent some other picks, definitely a worrying trend. He may not be around to fix it though

• Cheers 1

At first glance, I don't like it 

But Garland is a good piece and we dumped cap 

But OEL is a big cap hit I didn't want 

But there was pressure from the players and fans to make the team better 

I guess it boils down to whether Arizona retains anything, but I hate losing that pick

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Yeah that contract is awful.  Really really not happy we didn't just wait one year instead of wasting our first and taking OEL 's abomination of a contract.

if there's retention i'm happy... if there's not then i hope OELs contract is buyout friendly in it's last couple years

Wow, I actually like this deal!

It clears us of a lot of cap space and puts us in position to make other moves around free agency.

I know it won't be popular with some, but this is a pretty major shakeup which JB has been promising, and it's only the first day.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

• iceman64 changed the title to Can LE be any more insulting to us?
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic
  • -Vintage Canuck- unpinned this topic
  • Roger Neilsons Towel pinned this topic