The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

True, but I'd rather roll the dice with DiPietro than bring in a guy who's proven that he is incapable of playing well enough to belong in the NHL.  Rittich is absolute trash.

Mikey's not ready tho. 

Just trying to figure out who to target if we do move on from Holtby. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does Dipietro need to clear waivers to play games for us and the for Abbotsford?  If not, he could backup Demko, and still get extra starts in Abby.  When he’s in Abby, then Rittich (or any other guy) could sit on the bench and watch Demko win games. 

Waivers exempt for DiPietro.

84868952-100C-4C0F-9090-FBC51D084641.jpeg

Edited by 4petesake
Addition
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Mikey's not ready tho. 

I’ll bet Jim has Ian Clark watching all kinds of game tape even as we speak and he’ll be very involved in who we’re looking at.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Mikey's not ready tho. 

I agree he's not ready, but we're better off with an overpriced backup over a guy who's proven himself to not be good enough for the NHL.  As much as I want Holtby off the books, No Save Dave would be a serious handicap that should be avoided at all costs.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

I’ll bet Jim has Ian Clark watching all kinds of game tape even as we speak and he’ll be very involved in who we’re looking at.

Vanacek from Seattle would be a great acquisition and he only makes 725k.

Not sure what it would cost or if Seattle even wants to trade him.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I'm sure he is, probably on his own already. I do wonder if Hogberg is worth the gamble, for a while there some thought he might turn out like Demko. 

7 hours ago, nuck-lifer said:

OEL actually reminds me of an old #19 from Van in his interview.

He has Pettersson and a couple swedish twins in the hood so he should be energized!

If he can produced 40+ points without a ton of PP1 time and take care of the other teams top lines reasonably well he's worth 7M for the next few years.

Garland is the icing on the cake though IMO as he solidifies  our forward group now.

Now move Schimdt and Holtby, spend some cash on some RHD's and I think we are finally ready to be taken seriously.

That is perfectly said.

Right on.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Why though? As it currently sits, our top 9 wings are pretty stacked. 

Miller

Hoglander

Pearson

Boeser

Garland 

Podkolzin

I think the obvious holes that need to be filled are one more bottom 6 center, and one more defensive RH (Two if Schmidt is moved).

Do you think they liked what they saw in Graovac? 

Edited by CanucksJay

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm sure he is, probably on his own already. I do wonder if Hogberg is worth the gamble, for a while there some thought he might turn out like Demko. 

If Clark thinks he can work with Broberg he’d be the type I’d be looking for. Clark doesn’t want any goalie who isn’t willing to be the hardest working guy on the team. That’s why he is high on DiPietro and Silovs.

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Mikey's not ready tho. 

Talk Ryan Miller out of retirement, or better yet Roberto Luongo, that way we recover the cap penalty.    :)

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Mikey's not ready tho. 

I actually don't think he's as far away as some think. That said, I'd like to see a backup in the 1 to 1.5 million per year range, who we can bury in Abbotsford if Mikey really shows up in camp.

• Vintage 2

14 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I wonder if they would look at Schneider at league minimum and see if Clark can fix his game.

Sadly Schneider is done. The injuries have become too much.

You’d end up just having to replace him at some point.

• RoughGame 1