The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

9 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

Ha! I think we’ll do great next year.  

Just calling it like I see it regarding the cap / prospect pool though.  We haven’t really experienced “too many good players” in a loooong time and hopefully that’s where we’re headed.  The bad news is, in a cap world, it’s hard to keep everyone. The good news is that should help add picks/prospects that we’re short on.  

Fair enough. Glad you're on board. Musta just been how I read your tone coupled with crappy sleep and bad mood. Sorry if I took it out on you.

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Between Eriksson, Beagle and Roussel, each point they had last year cost $1,200,000.

Beagle and Roussel at least contributed in the playoffs.

Eriksson, yeah, I really really hoped he'd be a playoff MVP.

• Vintage 2

4 hours ago, Schmautzie said:

Benning mentioned that he’s still communicating with Brandon Sutter so it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s signed as our fourth line centre.

Sutter is slower than an Albertan Turtle.   He's well past his expiration date just like Edler.  Neither one should be considered for re-signing under any circumstance.   I'm tired of mediocre over the hill, lazy players on this team and Uncle Jim has just gone to great lengths to rid this team of useless deadwood & freeloaders in that trade and letting Jake the Ripper go.  So lets not take a step backwards by bringing either of those two back.  Time to move forward after 7 years of failure with that old crew !

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Beagle and Roussel at least contributed in the playoffs.

Eriksson, yeah, I really really hoped he'd be a playoff MVP.

LE was actually very good in the bubble playoffs when he played. Hard on the puck, always in the right position and a few veteran slashes etc here and there + he allowed for Bo and Pearson to worry less about getting caught on the forecheck. 

Don't get me wrong - he was nowhere near a 6 mil player and it's a relief his contract is gone now, but fair is fair.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, J-P said:

LE was actually very good in the bubble playoffs when he played. Hard on the puck, always in the right position and a few veteran slashes etc here and there + he allowed for Bo and Pearson to worry less about getting caught on the forecheck. 

Don't get me wrong - he was nowhere near a 6 mil player and it's a relief his contract is gone now, but fair is fair.

Excuse me for asking - as I'm a bit confused but which "LE" are you talking about ????

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I wasn't one who said he was the worst contract in the NHL (nor been been bothered to google who they are)

you responded to a post about precisely that - with an irrelevent side track about Eriksson.

16 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Hoglander did well too, and he came from a different continent so your point is valid. Yet Schmidt’s personality seems to be extremely  extroverted which I imagine would make it harder.

Yep and it's not a knock on Schmidt either. I am quite similar (and I'm an introvert :lol:), when things go generally right people say I'm the most positive person they ever met. But if things don't go as planned people have also called me as a "complainer"

So yeah I'm not calling out Schmdit and it's more of a personality trait that may not be compatible with where the Canucks at, at the moment. 

And the restrictions last season didn't help either. 

• Cheers 1

Think a lot of people forget the fact that JB also needs to please the players on the team, especially the those home-grown top guys. What kind of message are you sending by saying, "lets wait ONE more year to offload all the deadweight" - Once we're out of all this mess, we can start think about bringing in some new guys to help this team. At which point you're looking at letang - subban - giordano, who likely have more interest in a retirement home than playing here. + at what prices?better D for any less 7.25m@4 years, talking 2022 prices. Look at what Ds in league are signing for the last few days. 

I say bird-in-hand, take the interest to play here now. Better this years uncertainty of 9OA than next years deeper draft. If I was a coyotes fan, I'd be thinking about loosing guys that are actually contributing to the team night in/out and cost+time to replace them. Imagine having to get excited playing with Eriksson. You have a front office looses a first round to "rules" then trading OEL and Garland to backfill. Canucks fans would riot 110% 

Im just excited for hockey rn as a Canucks fan. And I'm sure theres a great deal of excitement within our players. I can't say the same for either with the Coyotes.

• Cheers 1