The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

12 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Thing is, if our core is very good they should make the playoffs.

If they don't make the playoffs, it suggests that our core isn't as good as we like to think it is.

Our CORE alone is not enough, its a complete team effort firing on all cylinders that will take us to the promised land .

Come on JB fill those holes in the line-up with complimentary players that fill roles.

Go Canucks go 

7 hours ago, Me_ said:

Between Eriksson, Beagle and Roussel, each point they had last year cost $1,200,000.

I wish them all well in the future and thank them for their time. Good luck to you guys

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

A lot (almost everyone) is really concerned with OEL's salary, still 6 years at around $7.2.  That is a lot, but will it be a crazy amount in 3-5 years? Or the standard for a Top 4 Dman? I think the move to VAN will rejuvenate OEL, a fresh start, probably feels like a young guy again with his excitement.

If OEL wins a Cup in VAN, is the trade worth it?  I'm trying not to focus on the money with this deal, but more of what can the Canucks accomplish over the next 5 years. Maybe this was an ownership decision. Bring him in, and if needed, they can buy out the last year of his contract or something like that.  

Benning said he would be aggressive, and he has been. He's not done, still working on creating a contender. Hey, if MTL can do it... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

No, No and NO !   Anyone is better than him.   

Anyone is better?? Come on man, while I'm not in favor of resigning him, i have respect for him as a player and a person. Thanks Brandon for your professionalism and time with the team

Head out to Viking Alberta and spew your hate for Sutter.

Edited by AbrasiveAjax
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Anyone is better?? Come on man, while I'm not in favor of resigning him, i have respect for him as a player and a person. Thanks Brandon for your professionalism and time with the team

Head out to Viking Alberta and spew your hate for Sutter.

Sutter re-signed at about 1.5 mil for 1 year as our 4C is just fine. Sutter playing 10-12 minutes per night at this point might get another very useful year out of him. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

A lot (almost everyone) is really concerned with OEL's salary, still 6 years at around $7.2.  That is a lot, but will it be a crazy amount in 3-5 years? Or the standard for a Top 4 Dman? I think the move to VAN will rejuvenate OEL, a fresh start, probably feels like a young guy again with his excitement.

If OEL wins a Cup in VAN, is the trade worth it?  I'm trying not to focus on the money with this deal, but more of what can the Canucks accomplish over the next 5 years. Maybe this was an ownership decision. Bring him in, and if needed, they can buy out the last year of his contract or something like that.  

Benning said he would be aggressive, and he has been. He's not done, still working on creating a contender. Hey, if MTL can do it... 

Decades of suffering have led Canucks fans to this point. 
Yes, for a cup it is worth it. Unfortunately there are a lot of steps need to be made before this is realistic. Whether JB has the wherewithal to make those moves seems highly dubious. 

16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Sutter re-signed at about 1.5 mil for 1 year as our 4C is just fine. Sutter playing 10-12 minutes per night at this point might get another very useful year out of him. 

I agree. He’s still great at faceoffs and the PK. Unfortunately I think one of the Alberta teams will sign him for more than we’re willing to pay him.

2 hours ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Still hard to believe, benning wanted a better team next year and erased the entire bottom six except motte 

free agency still to come 

letsss gooo

I think I started to sound like a broken record last year when I was saying you can’t win with ZERO production out of the bottom 6. Lol I’m so glad it’s going to be new and that we protected Motte. Motets honestly a Allstar

9 minutes ago, Schmautzie said:

I agree. He’s still great at faceoffs and the PK. Unfortunately I think one of the Alberta teams will sign him for more than we’re willing to pay him.

probably. I joked a while back about Sutter and Edler being the next F'Lames but now it seems likely :P

8 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I'm expecting a Russian "Nanny" player for Podz to be recruited by Uncle Jim within the next week.  That will possibly be the trade that involves the departure of Holtby or Schmidt.

I said quite a while back that I'd take a look at Dmitry Kulikov if I was JB.

His current deal pays 1.5 million....he's got decent size....can throw a hit.....could be a decent third pairing guy. The only downside is that he's a lefty, but you can't have everything....

• Thanks 1