The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

19 minutes ago, sarjakd said:

Hey guys! Guess what?! Eriksson is gone!!! :frantic::frantic::frantic:

Eriksson today after returning from his sweat lodge retreat to find out the news he’s been traded to the desert.

40BBA974-F0AF-4963-BC4D-6536D921C609.png

Edited by DeNiro
  • Wat 8

1 hour ago, Dats hockey said:

I think I started to sound like a broken record last year when I was saying you can’t win with ZERO production out of the bottom 6. Lol I’m so glad it’s going to be new and that we protected Motte. Motets honestly a Allstar

Another guy I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on for the 4th line (and maybe even the third) is Michael Bunting. Had a big second half for the 'Yotes last season and is UFA, even though he's only 25 years old. Last contract was just over $700k....

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=170104

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/meet-the-pending-ufa-nobodys-talking-about

37 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

OEL averaged more points per game than Ryan Ellis, Seth Jones, Miro Heiskanen, Shayne Gostisbehere, Keith Yandle, and just behind Pietrangelo.  On a crap team where he knew he wasn't wanted.  

All this talk about how he has declined so much?  His offensive points per game in the last 8 years

Incredibly consistent.  He has also been one of the top 20 hitters for defenseman in the last 4 years.  He is only 30.  Alex Edler is 35.  Alec Martinez is 34 and just signed a 3 year 5 million deal. 

I think OEL is our new and improved Edler and I am super pumped about him being on the team.

The media decided a long time ago to make Benning the whipping boy.  He has assembled a very exciting core drafted without a single player in the top 3, despite a lot of losing.  Demko 36th, Boeser 23rd, EP 5th, Hughes 7th, Podkolzin 10, Hoglander 40, Rathbone 95th.  He was left a pile of excrement with old players with NTC's and Brendan Gaunce and Jordan Subban.  He had to try to build a winner around the last years of the Sedins which was very difficult with nothing to trade.  He made some mistakes in FA and trades, but look at all the other GM's and analyze every transaction.  He has now made the Miller, Pearson, Schmidt, and Motte trades.  He now has Highmore, Dickinson, OEL, and Garland.  

I think we are better and deeper than any team in Canada except for maybe Montreal.  I can't wait to see what other additions JB makes and for the season to start.  

I say all of this because I am a "fan" of the team.  I am critical, but not a critic. 

This is very true... they attempt to disparage every move he makes while pumping up other CDN team GMs who make (IMO) worse moves.

Watch the Canucks get off to a great start and the media will find some minor angle to knock him for... like he's pushing the core to peak too early or something ridiculous.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, StiffStick33 said:

Think a lot of people forget the fact that JB also needs to please the players on the team, especially the those home-grown top guys. What kind of message are you sending by saying, "lets wait ONE more year to offload all the deadweight" - Once we're out of all this mess, we can start think about bringing in some new guys to help this team. At which point you're looking at letang - subban - giordano, who likely have more interest in a retirement home than playing here. + at what prices?better D for any less 7.25m@4 years, talking 2022 prices. Look at what Ds in league are signing for the last few days. 

I say bird-in-hand, take the interest to play here now. Better this years uncertainty of 9OA than next years deeper draft. If I was a coyotes fan, I'd be thinking about loosing guys that are actually contributing to the team night in/out and cost+time to replace them. Imagine having to get excited playing with Eriksson. You have a front office looses a first round to "rules" then trading OEL and Garland to backfill. Canucks fans would riot 110% 

Im just excited for hockey rn as a Canucks fan. And I'm sure theres a great deal of excitement within our players. I can't say the same for either with the Coyotes.

That's a very original point, from what I've read so far. You're trying to prove to your players that you're serious about winning as you said. Great point.

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lmao why are people and the media acting like it’s every teams goal to screw over the Canucks? There’s a reason teams hardly ever offer sheet players, it just burns bridges and never works.

• Vintage 3

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not sure what Friedman is getting at here. Why would he suggest causing problems for Vancouver? The guy's a hack.

its the kind of troll click bait that has made me lose respect for him. 

Its also stupid. No one is going to offer sheet him for more than 4.1 mil AAV and give us a 1st for him. If they do we should take it. Anything less and we'd match and probably be in the ballpark anyway.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Lmao why are people and the media acting like it’s every teams goal to screw over the Canucks? There’s a reason teams hardly ever offer sheet players, it just burns bridges and never works.

Also, anything reasonable the Canucks will obviously match, and any salary that is unreasonably high (6 mill plus)  nets us a first round pick. 

Sounds like a nice problem to have. 

15 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well the rumors have started all the way back in 2018 tbh at the draft when he was almost moved that barley anyone knows about, but there was this one in 2019.

The latest one comes from longtime Colorado Avalanche writer Adrian Dater, who is reporting that he’s heard trade “chatter” concerning the Vancouver Canucks.

The Canucks, Dater says, are offering Jake Virtanen and a 2020 first-round pick to the Avalanche in exchange for defenceman Tyson Barrie.

Who Dater is I don't know but again Dreger came out and said Canucks were interested in Barrie

Dreger - Teams have been talking with the Avalanche and kicking the tires on Tyson Barrie and Carl Soderberg. Vancouver and Arizona have been in the mix there. There's other activity surrounding the Canucks as well as the Rangers. Things should get interesting tonight. #NHLDraft

I just don't believe everything Benning says, he also claimed Loui Eriksson was going to be this scoring forward for the Canucks, looks like he lied there :lol: 

So Colorado took Kadri, rosen and a 3d over Jake and a 1st?   It doesn't really matter because that wasn't my point.   

People actually claim(ed) that Benning said that he was shopping him. He didn't. He even said that he wasn't.   Whether he was shopping him or not was not my point. I was talking about false claims made by fans based on a misquote.

My point was that people twist quotes to suit their negative narrative. The speculation that you provided was based on "chatter". The Jake speculation thread, that was started on CDC, was based off of the quote I provided earlier. I wonder where the "chatter" came from.

[Speculation] Canucks looking to move Jake Virtanen       P 27            T R & S

You can see further evidence where Bo's agents words were twisted into him wanting out of Vancouver. It's always based on a negative agenda using negative assumptions.

Just look in this thread. All the whiners are assuming that OEL will play badly and are already whining about it even though he hasn't even played a game for us yet.

It's all part of a pattern that keeps repeating from the snivellers and the media clowns.

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

Its also stupid. No one is going to offer sheet him for more than 4.1 mil AAV and give us a 1st for him. If they do we should take it. Anything less and we'd match and probably be in the ballpark anyway.

From what I've read the offer sheet compensation has changed this season? The Canucks would get a 2nd rounder foe that. 6 mill plus would get a first. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

He's fallen fast, much like Dhaliwal. 

• Vintage 2