The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

58 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. People need to stop tuning in to the one note style of sports journalism that the majority of clowns in Vancouver offer.

Fans would do themselves a favor by looking at the team with some objectivity rather than the innate bitterness that seemingly permeates so much of how the team and organization is perceived. The team is already considerably better than they were a month ago, and free agency is coming up in a couple of days. AND Brad Shaw is on the coaching staff.

What is not to like about the Canucks present situation? Nothing really. I'm excited for the season to start.

My reaction was excitement about the players we got and how we could (finally!) go into a season with a legitimately good team again.

Then it got even better realizing we also wouldn't have to watch Eriksson/Virtanen!

Not dwelling on the 6th year of OELs deal, or on how Jim hasn't been able to recover picks. Those kinds of talking points are 80-90% of some of these shows. Not much on how good we could be.

Its been a long dark road following this team, we deserve to enjoy this & enjoy having some real hope.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

My reaction was excitement about the players we got and how we could (finally!) go into a season with a legitimately good team again.

Then it got even better realizing we also wouldn't have to watch Eriksson/Virtanen!

Not dwelling on the 6th year of OELs deal, or on how Jim hasn't been able to recover picks. Those kinds of talking points are 80-90% of some of these shows. Not much on how good we could be.

Its been a long dark road following this team, we deserve to enjoy this & enjoy having some real hope.

Exactly. Not having a high pick in this year's draft is unfortunate, but negligible. Your point about how the shows focus on the picks and 6 years down the road couldn't be more spot on. They endlessly harp on those points and in turn it bleeds into how their listeners react and think. 

And Benning will probably be pretty active in free agency as well. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Wouldn't it be just wonderful if Klimovich turned out better than Guenther in the long run? 

I hope for Arizona's sake Guenther becomes a good player. I think there is a good chance that in 4 years or so he can become a .79ppg winger in the NHL... just like garland is now.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

@wallstreetamigo This note is for your pals.

Most people want facts. They do not want to be lied or tricked. Saying that people do not want facts is a complete lie. The media is actively selling a story for profit, which you, FOR WHATEVER REASON, claim is part of their job. Your attempts to defend the media for their accountability is laughable because they have recently shown no regard for that in the Hughes IV story, for example.

I assume you know better that someone like Sekeres should not be naming people like Hughes out in the open, and you are at least aware that people like Bieksa had ripped the media for reporting a story they could not verify. However, you have only returned to your original claim, which has long been refuted, without acknowledging that your argument sucks.

Simply dodging these posts speaks volumes about your willingness to be objective. Thus your claim that the media is objective SHOULD NOT be trusted.

Media are slime.  I don’t understand fans who will say bad things about their team’s young players and prospects (the hope for a winning future) while at the same time saying other teams’ young players and prospects are way better.  What kind of fan does that?  Media will say crap to get a rise out of the fans.  However, shouldn’t fans want their young players and prospects to be better than other teams?  Or maybe it is just posters trying to get a rise out of Canuck’s fans.  Just don’t get that part.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Pretty sure if they pulled off a deal like this in Toronto they'd be calling Dubas an absolute genius. 

It’s so much fun watching those idiots look the fools every round one.  Hopefully the Leafs miss the playoffs this year.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, coryberg said:

I hope for Arizona's sake Guenther becomes a good player. I think there is a good chance that in 4 years or so he can become a .79ppg winger in the NHL... just like garland is now.

I firmly believe Geunther will bustaroo. He just looks too much like a putz.  

I’m just happy as long as Edler is gone as well that my personal 6 worst guys ( Eriksson, Beagle, Rousell, Virtanen, Sutter, Edler) I won’t have to watch this year. That’s unbelievable in a two week period!!!. I actually don’t even know who I dislike on the team anymore other than potential ownership (meddling) or management ( mistakes made in the first place). I’m not a huge fan of the Pearson contract last year after letting Toffoli walk for roughly the same. 

12 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

I’m just happy as long as Edler is gone as well that my personal 6 worst guys ( Eriksson, Beagle, Rousell, Virtanen, Sutter, Edler) I won’t have to watch this year. That’s unbelievable in a two week period!!!. I actually don’t even know who I dislike on the team anymore other than potential ownership (meddling) or management ( mistakes made in the first place). I’m not a huge fan of the Pearson contract last year after letting Toffoli walk for roughly the same. 

Pearson was already under contract. It wasn't Pearson or Toffoli.

So we have one whipping boy already. Who else will the media and the negative whiners target. They will watch OEL for any mistake. They've already been whining about Pearson. They usually need at least four guys to whine about. If Holtby stays, he'll be one. Myers as well?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

So Colorado took Kadri, rosen and a 3d over Jake and a 1st?   It doesn't really matter because that wasn't my point.   

People actually claim(ed) that Benning said that he was shopping him. He didn't. He even said that he wasn't.   Whether he was shopping him or not was not my point. I was talking about false claims made by fans based on a misquote.

My point was that people twist quotes to suit their negative narrative. The speculation that you provided was based on "chatter". The Jake speculation thread, that was started on CDC, was based off of the quote I provided earlier. I wonder where the "chatter" came from.

[Speculation] Canucks looking to move Jake Virtanen       P 27            T R & S

You can see further evidence where Bo's agents words were twisted into him wanting out of Vancouver. It's always based on a negative agenda using negative assumptions.

Just look in this thread. All the whiners are assuming that OEL will play badly and are already whining about it even though he hasn't even played a game for us yet.

It's all part of a pattern that keeps repeating from the snivellers and the media clowns.

I really don't care what Benning says tbh, because its not always the truth, when playing poker do always show your cards all the time? Probably not. Well you originally quoted me after having a conversation with another poster claiming Benning wasn't shopping him that's all made up media crap, I don't know where you're going with this anymore tbh.

Regarding Bo and his agent there is something there actually, its not much but he did in a way say there is frustration and it is taking a toll on him, not enough though that he's going to request a trade or anything like that, but definitely if things don't change in the next couple years when he needs to resign he may look elsewhere that is always a possibility especially if things don't change like standings wise and making playoffs. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I really don't care what Benning says tbh, because its not always the truth, when playing poker do always show your cards all the time? Probably not. Well you originally quoted me after having a conversation with another poster claiming Benning wasn't shopping him that's all made up media crap, I don't know where you're going with this anymore tbh.

Regarding Bo and his agent there is something there actually, its not much but he did in a way say there is frustration and it is taking a toll on him, not enough though that he's going to request a trade or anything like that, but definitely if things don't change in the next couple years when he needs to resign he may look elsewhere that is always a possibility especially if things don't change like standings wise and making playoffs. 

Read the post that you just quoted. It's not that complicated. Our toxic media twists quotes to suit their narrative. The whining sycophants use the twisted quotes as truth and ignore the actual quote.

Another player agent just came out and said pretty much the same thing. Our media are toxic clowns who constantly spew negativity.

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Pearson was already under contract. It wasn't Pearson or Toffoli.

So we have one whipping boy already. Who else will the media and the negative whiners target. They will watch OEL for any mistake. They've already been whining about Pearson. They usually need at least four guys to whine about. If Holtby stays, he'll be one. Myers as well?

Well said.  Also, 3.25 for 28 yr old Pearson is a solid deal.  I wouldn't call $1 million more "roughly the same".  

• Cheers 1

How could anybody have watched this team over the last 5 - 10 years and think the media is the problem?  Serious question.

At what point do we look at the immense amount of losing (primarily in the Benning era), the constant FA blunders (primarily in the Benning era), the constant overpayments and botches in trades (primarily in the Benning era), failed draft picks (a ton in the Gillis era, a bit better in the Benning era) and correctly highlight that as the source of negativity and not those who write about it?

There are good parts to this team but a ton wrong with it also.  As I've said, it's one step forward, two or three steps back.  Always.  Has been like this since for many years now and it won't suddenly change.

Maybe, just maybe, we should be pointing the finger at ownership and management, and not the people who get paid to write about what is in front of them.

Hope this helps.

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 4