The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

11 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Read the post that you just quoted. It's not that complicated. Our toxic media twists quotes to suit their narrative. The whining sycophants use the twisted quotes as truth and ignore the actual quote.

Another player agent just came out and said pretty much the same thing. Our media are toxic clowns who constantly spew negativity.

Ok I get it, I get what your getting at my bad. Yes there are some media that will spin things out of control, that just part of the job, all about views, they do twist things on purpose and if you get people talking about, then they've hit a HR it's all about publicity and sometimes bad is good crazy enough. 

Again though I was basing my judgment on a guy like Dreger then over our media here, I believe he heard things going on over the last few years and I trust his judgment. 

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

23 minutes ago, Dirtman said:

I don't think anyone here has a problem with Drance reporting stuff like the Canucks have a cap problem, or that we have bad contracts. 

The problem for me that they (not all, granted) ask silly baiting question and spread false rumours. Literally lying just to stir up drama.

I honestly don't mind if a fan has pessimism. I just don't like lies and disingenuous slants. Base the arguments on fact and acknowledge other fans points instead of re-spewing the narratives endlessly.

Not you. the media and negative posters on here.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

47 minutes ago, Dirtman said:

The problem for me that they (not all, granted) ask silly baiting question and spread false rumours. Literally lying just to stir up drama.

This is what really bothers me, so many of these individuals have,  in the never-ending quest for 'clicks, breaking stories, and re-tweets' compromised the little integrity that they may of had that anything they publish now is immediately suspect imo.  The worst part of all of it is that so many people out there still eat it up and base their own views on this bile.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

I don't think there is a "ton wrong" with it. I think we need a defensive RHD and a 4th line center.  Other than that I love this team as it is right now.  Great players, great attitudes and a great future.  

Maybe get in your time machine and befriend JB and convince him to do what you say.  I'll stay here and enjoy my team!

I just want to know what JB did to this guy at some point in his life lol, he relentlessly hates on him and never acknowledges any positives

This team is taking shape, and I really like what I see

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, AV. said:

How could anybody have watched this team over the last 5 - 10 years and think the media is the problem?  Serious question.

At what point do we look at the immense amount of losing (primarily in the Benning era), the constant FA blunders (primarily in the Benning era), the constant overpayments and botches in trades (primarily in the Benning era), failed draft picks (a ton in the Gillis era, a bit better in the Benning era) and correctly highlight that as the source of negativity and not those who write about it?

There are good parts to this team but a ton wrong with it also.  As I've said, it's one step forward, two or three steps back.  Always.  Has been like this since for many years now and it won't suddenly change.

Maybe, just maybe, we should be pointing the finger at ownership and management, and not the people who get paid to write about what is in front of them.

Hope this helps.

You have to be one of the most daft / ignorant people around and one of the people everyone is talking about / part of the problem!! Either you're extremely ignorant and not even trying to learn and / or understand...or you're extremely immature and looking for attention! Either way, it's not a good look and if i was you, i'd be embarrassed of your constant and relentless attempt to do whatever it is your trying to do on here!!! As i said before, maybe find some other things to do...

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Wow, that is by far the closest a media member has come to how I feel about it.  Props to Craig!

I’ve banged this drum for quite a while now. Button is awesome. Calls it like it is….including that fact that drafting Jake at #6 was a bad, bad idea. And no hindsight needed….he called it on Draft Day 2014.

Just now, Locke Lamora said:

I’ve banged this drum for quite a while now. Button is awesome. Calls it like it is….including that fact that drafting Jake at #6 was a bad, bad idea. And no hindsight needed….he called it on Draft Day 2014.

What about the time he traded martin st louis for a bag of pucks? 

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

@wallstreetamigo This note is for your pals.

Most people want facts. They do not want to be lied or tricked. Saying that people do not want facts is a complete lie. The media is actively selling a story for profit, which you, FOR WHATEVER REASON, claim is part of their job. Your attempts to defend the media for their accountability is laughable because they have recently shown no regard for that in the Hughes IV story, for example.

I assume you know better that someone like Sekeres should not be naming people like Hughes out in the open, and you are at least aware that people like Bieksa had ripped the media for reporting a story they could not verify. However, you have only returned to your original claim, which has long been refuted, without acknowledging that your argument sucks.

Simply dodging these posts speaks volumes about your willingness to be objective. Thus your claim that the media is objective SHOULD NOT be trusted.

To dodge a post I would have to actually have seen it, which I didnt. Unfortunately I have been busy with real life and continuing to try to make you actually comprehend what I am saying is just tiring. You need to think that the media outright lies anytime they report something you dont like which sorry bud is ostensibly false. Honestly you hounding me about this subject while misrepresenting what I am actually saying is bordering on trolling really. So after this post you can reply or mention me all you want to but you will be on ignore. I think we can agree to disagree rather than keep rehashing the same points. Want to know my opinion on anything you respond with? Read my previous posts its all there. 

Many people don't want facts. They want validation of their pre existing bias. Like you. Its why 2 people can see the same story about the Canucks vastly differently. Or how someone can actually believe the media just makes up any story they want. Thats just not how the media works. With the glut of idiots on social media sure but the established media just does not operate that way. You should do some research on how they actually work.

You struggle a lot with understanding the difference between speculating based on sourced info and outright making up lies with no basis in reality. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

To dodge a post I would have to actually have seen it, which I didnt. Unfortunately I have been busy with real life and continuing to try to make you actually comprehend what I am saying is just tiring. You need to think that the media outright lies anytime they report something you dont like which sorry bud is ostensibly false. Honestly you hounding me about this subject while misrepresenting what I am actually saying is bordering on trolling really. So after this post you can reply or mention me all you want to but you will be on ignore. I think we can agree to disagree rather than keep rehashing the same points. Want to know my opinion on anything you respond with? Read my previous posts its all there. 

Many people don't want facts. They want validation of their pre existing bias. Like you. Its why 2 people can see the same story about the Canucks vastly differently. Or how someone can actually believe the media just makes up any story they want. Thats just not how the media works. With the glut of idiots on social media sure but the established media just does not operate that way. You should do some research on how they actually work.

You struggle a lot with understanding the difference between speculating based on sourced info and outright making up lies with no basis in reality. 

If you didn't dodge it, why aren't you replying to them? The bulk of the arguments was pinned there, but I can bring over here in case you were too lazy to do so.

I don't HAVE to say anything else because I know you'll say something that's the opposite of what you said earlier. Yes, that's a contradiction.

I will address the bolded again. Who are YOU to assume what I want in life? By posting your crap, I am clearly against the BS, especially assumptions that are flat out wrong about me. I can reasonably assume that many people will share my values. I do not want to be lied to, or spun a story, for the benefit of others who are telling this story.

I am still at a loss over how the media, with all its ethics and all, could come up with the Hughes IV story. You've mentioned it was BS, but you've never criticized the media member who leaked it out - Sekeres. Of course not. You've made excuses about how the media doesn't always get it right - well, is it not your job to be accountable? Bieksa even said, "If you can't get the story right, don't report it."

Moreover, the post above addresses how the media does have a motivation to stretch out a story for money.  You've acknowledged this openly, but curiously you contend that the media has less of a reason to "lie" than a GM.

Which goes back to the outright lie of a story with Hughes on IV. :picard:

Quit dodging and answer the post above.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Honestly, I think this could be Jeff Patterson. Or J-Pat if you are trying to sound cool, but ultimately failing.

• Haha 3

Negativity sells . If they don't have a team that wins then they sell the next best thing. Negativity.

Jimbo  has taken a lot of criticism . No doubt. I think some of it was deserved.  Some wasn't. 

I am one of the fans who thinks a lot of the finger pointing should be at the owners not Jim. 

Jim has brought in a lot of good young players, maybe the best overall crop in the fifty years that I have followed them. Two years ago he began to try to surround the young core with more talent by trading picks and prospects.(I understand why but I felt it was too early) Miller and then Toffoli at the trade deadline. They had a good playoff run. 

It looked like a good move. 

Then the wheels came off. They couldn't resign Tanev and lost Toffoli.

The mismanagement of their cap for a ill-advised spending spree to keep the twins happy came back to haunt them.

(I blame that on the owners not Jim)

After seeing this OEL trade we can now see what Jim was trying to do last year. Jim spent a huge part of last year trying to do a deal where he would take OEL and they would take the same three players to clear a bunch of cap.

If he could have got that trade done last year (less Garland) we would have signed Toffoli.  Maybe even kept Tanev.

Some of the decisions made in his first 4 years plus Covid gave the media endless dirt to twist how they please.

If they want to get the media on their side. Start winning.