The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

6 hours ago, AV. said:

??

If you don't successfully rehabilitate an injury, you aren't going to be back at the level you were once at  Hell, even fully rehabilitated players sometimes don't ever reach their top level again. 

Stop being obtuse here, please.

You forgot to quote the rest of the article:

The NHL's shutdown because of the coronavirus pandemic was a huge letdown, but it at least allowed Ekman-Larsson time to get back to full strength.

"These 2½ months have been really good for me," he said during a conference call this week. "My knee is feeling 100 percent and I've been able to get stronger and faster."

:lol:

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You forgot to quote the rest of the article:

The NHL's shutdown because of the coronavirus pandemic was a huge letdown, but it at least allowed Ekman-Larsson time to get back to full strength.

"These 2½ months have been really good for me," he said during a conference call this week. "My knee is feeling 100 percent and I've been able to get stronger and faster."

:lol:

Nope.

Watching him play since this article was published would suggest otherwise.

• RoughGame 1

On 7/23/2021 at 1:55 PM, Rick_theRyper said:

I hope there’s 2m retained still “more to come” fingers crossed all those contracts from us are expiring very soon OEL is still a good defense man just a lot more to go at that 8m… very interesting here all of sudden after a slow day for Canucks fans!!  

You have to pay to get. OEL's contract is the pay on our end in this deal. 2 million retained isn't painful and the deal wouldn't have been done.

But people will forget this really fast. And will hate this contract with all of their heart in 6 months

Edited by LolClarkson
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

This is the problem with fans in this market.

There will be people waiting for OEL to have a bad game or a bad stretch to say I told you so.

Its as if confirming their own beliefs about Benning and certain deals are more important than the performance of the team.

Fake fair weather fans that should do themselves a favour and cheer for another team.

It’s narcissism at its finest 

• Cheers 4

Just now, DeNiro said:

There will be people waiting for OEL to have a bad game or a bad stretch to say I told you so.

Its as if confirming their own beliefs about Benning and certain deals are more important than the performance of the team.

Fake fair weather fans that should do themselves a favour and cheer for another team.

100 percent.

I hate the confirmation bias that some people have. People like combover, scottdzik, squamfan are just itching to talk about how crappy Benning is as a GM. If OEL doesn't do the trick, it's gonna be someone else. 100 percent.

• Cheers 4

On 7/25/2021 at 7:01 PM, Pears said:

xxxx - Pettersson - Boeser

Garland - Horvat - Höglander 

Pearson - Miller - Podkolzin

Motte - Dickinson - MacEwen

I’m not sure I like not having a single right handed center, or if we plan on having Miller as the fulltime 3C, but just saying moving Schmidt/Holtby would give us enough room to give a certain Swedish free agent LW what he wants :ph34r:.

I wish we could pull that off.

We would have an absolute nasty top 9. Defence will be on life support though.

7 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I wish we could pull that off.

We would have an absolute nasty top 9. Defence will be on life support though.

There’s teams in the league that get it done without spending big on D.

Having a deep forward group that can all chip in on the defensive side could help counter a thinner D

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Does it really matter if they do? That seems ignore worthy 

Just now, DeNiro said:

When we have to hear that part of the fan base whining every time?

Yes it does matter. Makes our fan base look like a joke.

Makes it look like every single fan base in every pro sports league. And those who obsess over trying to gatekeep it are just as annoying.

• RoughGame 1

Does anyone think that the 2011 team was a D full of heavy hitters? Edler maybe, Bieksa, maybe, Salo not really, Hamhuis, not really, Errhoff, certainly not, Rome, maybe, but he was a 6/7, Tanev, no, and Ballard played 2 games in that run I think. We all have that dream that we're going to trade/recruit for a crunching defenseman, they're hard to come by, but their careers aren't long either.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

There’s teams in the league that get it done without spending big on D.

Having a deep forward group that can all chip in on the defensive side could help counter a thinner D

Haven’t caught up last couple of weeks regarding cap space, but if we do have the space, I would love to go for it.

From what I’ve seen on Twitter he’s been offered a 7 x 7.

Maybe all the Swedes on our team and the Sedins make us an ideal destination?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, awalk said:

Makes it look like every single fan base in every pro sports league. And those who obsess over trying to gatekeep it are just as annoying.

Only to the whiners.

The difference is that the whiners whine constantly. The whining points change but the whining is continuous. The "gatekeep"ing isn't.

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2021 at 7:01 PM, Pears said:

xxxx - Pettersson - Boeser

Garland - Horvat - Höglander 

Pearson - Miller - Podkolzin

Motte - Dickinson - MacEwen

I’m not sure I like not having a single right handed center, or if we plan on having Miller as the fulltime 3C, but just saying moving Schmidt/Holtby would give us enough room to give a certain Swedish free agent LW what he wants :ph34r:.

Getting Landeskog, would be a REAL ALL IN MOVE IN FA TO MATCH THE YOTES TRADE; if it happens it will be up to Shaw/the staff to come up with a system that utilizes the forward group to support the (inexperienced) D core - if they decide to go with OJ & Bones as cheaper options.

• Huggy Bear 1

42 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Only to the whiners.

The difference is that the whiners whine constantly. The whining points change but the whining is continuous. The "gatekeep"ing isn't.

100% true.