The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

Just now, b3. said:

Do you guys have no value in not having to watch Roussell take the WORST penalties for another year?

...and never a mention again of how the insurance line is handicapped with Loui in the press box.

• Like 1

If Benning somehow gets us back into round 1 here. Today would be nothing but flawless.

As of right now I’m ok sitting out as we just got a Top 4 and Top 6 player for Loui Eriksson.

Look I know it’s not for just Loui Eriksson. I’m just really really happy he’s gone ok

• Hydration 2
1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

If JB flips Schmidt for a pick then signs Dougie Hamilton with whatever cap we have left over we suddenly have one of the best defences in the league...

And then someone throws Petey an offer sheet that we have no way of matching...

• Sad 1
  • RoughGame 1
1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

The 9th was for Garland.  Our cap dumps were for their cap dump.

Was just looking forward to us actually getting to pick a first :(

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

There is. 1.2 mill according to the source in this thread. Trade is good for both teams.

Yes I am aware you like the deal.

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

JT Petey Boess

Garland Horvat Hogz

Pearson Dickie Podz

Motte 4C Macewan/Highmore/Gadjo

OEL Myers

Hughes schmidt

Rathbone Hamonic

OJ Bowey

I’m super happy with this trade!  Our team is so much better!  Keep Schmidt.  

• Hydration 2
Just now, -SN- said:

IMO, Garland is the better part of this. RFA with arbitration rights, but looks great. 

What his contract ends up being will decide how good of a deal this was, if they get him to sign a team friendly deal it could end up being Jim’s best move 

• Hydration 1
  • Burr 1
1 minute ago, Provost said:

With the salary retained (if accurate), and assuming he makes good use of the cap space… it could end up being a tidy piece of work in all honesty.

We couldn’t be terrible for another year without significant opportunity cost down the road.  This was a deal that should have happened last summer.

The guys in our room are going to be happy to see some win now mentality, and that is a big deal because the sense coming out was that they were pretty bummed after last offseason.

@oldnews

You seeing this $&!#. 

• Haha 3

Garland is a nice piece.

They have opened the gate so might as well go all in for the next two years. Then blow it up and start again.

• iceman64 changed the title to Can LE be any more insulting to us?
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland
  • -Vintage Canuck- unfeatured this topic
  • -Vintage Canuck- unpinned this topic
  • -Vintage Canuck- pinned this topic