The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

1 hour ago, Nave said:

I think Green will be much better for OEL than Tocchet was. 

Just have to wait & see; and I hope so, if the rumours are true ?    

Perhaps, our version of OEL was Schmidt - speculating ofcourse cause nothing was ever made public about the reason(s) why he asked to be traded.  Hopefully, one day it will get cleared up or not - but it doesn't really matter; and just like with JV, it is just best to keep moving forward.

Despite, the potential long term cap risked - I still cannot wait till training camp.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

2 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Then this deal is palatable. Hopefully he will recover his game a little. He made no secret of how he didn't like collecting a check on a losing team

This fan base and market will be night and day for him compared to the Yotes, hope he's ready!

• b3. unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, Chicken. said:

This fan base and market will be night and day for him compared to the Yotes, hope he's ready!

Where do you want him to play ? If i`m right I think he should play in 2,nd defence pairing so he can be an offensive D man, and Huges in the first. Huges with Myers, and OEL with Hamonic. If this works we have 2 deadly defence pairings. If it works I think there is a possibility that our team goes further in the playoffs than last year.  I have to admit that I´m hopeing that we are going to do better than statistics , but I really need a cup soon. I`m 59 years old and I can`t wait forever.  I´m from Sweden and my team in SHL took 30 years to get a cup. I can`t wait that long, I´ll be dead by then. 

• Cheers 3

13 minutes ago, Michael P said:

Where do you want him to play ? If i`m right I think he should play in 2,nd defence pairing so he can be an offensive D man, and Huges in the first. Huges with Myers, and OEL with Hamonic. If this works we have 2 deadly defence pairings. If it works I think there is a possibility that our team goes further in the playoffs than last year.  I have to admit that I´m hopeing that we are going to do better than statistics , but I really need a cup soon. I`m 59 years old and I can`t wait forever.  I´m from Sweden and my team in SHL took 30 years to get a cup. I can`t wait that long, I´ll be dead by then. 

i wouldnt mind him on the 2nd pairing as you suggest but its a bit early to decide before seeing the chemistry gelling and if we pick up a tough veteran on the blueline ala luke schenn who played quite well with quinn iirc

You’ll only be 89 at that time :)

4 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

i wouldnt mind him on the 2nd pairing as you suggest but its a bit early to decide before seeing the chemistry gelling and if we pick up a tough veteran on the blueline ala luke schenn who played quite well with quinn iirc

You’ll only be 89 at that time :)

thank?s for saying ONLY 98

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2021 at 9:32 PM, Tom Sestito said:

He’s a twenty point at even strength D. 

Hughes is the first PP guy. OEL PP production will fall.

If he gets deployed in hard matchups like Benning suggests he will, his production will fall at ES as well.

Better overall talent around him, he will keep pace or better.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

The argument that OEL is a big gamble is silly.

Yes it’s a gamble just like any trade is a gamble.

You don’t think it’s a gamble that Jones might not do well in Chicago? Or Hamilton in New Jersey? 

Just because a player was good on one team doesn’t mean they’ll be good on another, or a player was bad on one team they’ll be bad on another.

This is the first time OEL has played for another team. Excited to see if it rejuvenates a guy that was considered a top 10 defenseman only 5 years ago.

So the OEL trade is a gamble.

So why are you making this silly argument?         B)                      

• RoughGame 2

Out of the desert,.   Snow, ocean, good drinking water, cool sea breeze air.

I think a move like this would rejuvenate anyone ;)

Now playing on a team whose D core could have a balanced skilled D core on 3 pairing,

and where all six participants share special teams time.

14 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

So the OEL trade is a gamble.

So why are you making this silly argument?         B)                      

Maybe you need some hooked on phonics to help with that reading comprehension.

D1D5FA57-594D-4583-8A82-F2C28FF32532.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

You do understand that McDavid does this to literally every defenseman in the league, right?You don’t contain him, you just hope that nobody else on the oilers can score lol

And Sutter seems to be able to harass McDingleberry with impunity, so all is well. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And Sutter seems to be able to harass McDingleberry with impunity, so all is well. 

It's Sutters counter weight from the mass of his large balls that throws McDavid off. Heard it on SN650, trains like hell to utilize his ball size the best he can.

• Haha 2