The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

If his contract was so bad for him he would have changed his agent .. 

Can’t skate, he even can’t even read his own contract or the ramifications of it.

Lack luster player looking for an excuse..

im actually looking forward to watching him play for Arizona..

especially at home in Vancouver.

I’m still laughing at how bad the three legged Coyotes will be this year.  Seriously, Benning was able to dumperoo our three crap contracts for their best forward and best Dman.  I hope Shane Wright can speak French, because he’s going to be playing for the Quebec City Coyotes next season.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

If his contract was so bad for him he would have changed his agent .. 

Can’t skate, he even can’t even read his own contract or the ramifications of it.

Lack luster player looking for an excuse..

im actually looking forward to watching him play for Arizona..

especially at home in Vancouver.

Unless the Canucks’ net is empty. Then he’s

LETHAL

Cry me a f'n river, LE quote from twitter:

Loui Player Name on finally leaving the #Canucks : "I have wanted to get away from this for a long time, there is nothing to complain about, but since my contract was so big, it was difficult. But of course it would have been fun if it had happened a few years ago"

Well no shi_ Sherlock, all you had to do is waive you NTC and you could have been gone! 

could the guy be any more insulting to us??? 

Unbelievable! 

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

• iceman64 changed the title to Can LE be any more insulting to us?
54 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Cry me a f'n river, LE quote from twitter:

Loui Player Name on finally leaving the #Canucks : "I have wanted to get away from this for a long time, there is nothing to complain about, but since my contract was so big, it was difficult. But of course it would have been fun if it had happened a few years ago"

Well no shi_ Sherlock, all you had to do is waive you NTC and you could have been gone! 

could the guy be any more insulting to us??? 

Unbelievable! 

I don't find any offense to what LE said to be honest.  He even prefaced his statement by saying, "there is nothing to complain about."   

Also - I don't think it was a matter of LE unwilling to waive his NTC, as much as it was LE's contract simply being unmovable barring a huge sweetener. 

While LE was vastly overpaid as a Canuck, I actually liked his defensive game and board work.   He played very well on the Pearson-Horvat line in 2019-2020 and was a significant reason for that lines' success.  If LE had been making 1.5-2 million, I wouldn't have had any issue with his game.  He was a black hole offensively and had lost a lot of his skating ability, but his smarts, defensive play, and board work was still pretty top notch.   

Having said that, I'm glad that we were able to move him.  

Edited by Patel Bure
Player Name! Player Name! Player Name! ha!
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

I don't find any offense to what LE said to be honest.  He even prefaced his statement by saying, "there is nothing to complain about."   

Also - I don't think it was a matter of LE unwilling to waive his NTC, as much as it was LE's contract simply being unmovable barring a huge sweetener. 

While LE was vastly overpaid as a Canuck, I actually liked his defensive game and board work.   He played very well on the Pearson-Horvat line in 2019-2020 and was a significant reason for that lines' success.  If LE had been making 1.5-2 million, I wouldn't have had any issue with his game.  He was a black hole offensively and had lost a lot of his skating ability, but his smarts, defensive play, and board work was still pretty top notch.   

sorry I don't buy that, he could have asked for a trade and we could have eaten some of the cap if necessary.. too little too late, 3-4 years ago he should have just said ok I suck with Vancouver so it's time to go, now 18 mil + later, what a thing to say, why not just keep your mouth shut? what an a_shole!

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

I think his words were pretty tame considering how shi**y he was treated by fans and media.

FFS, we literally have a gif or whatever its called used in a negative way.

Glad we improved the team and moved on from him but unlike a guy like Baer he spent 2 months in the bubble even tho he knew he was likely the 13-14th forward.  

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I think his words were pretty tame considering how shi**y he was treated by fans and media.

Glad we improved the team and moved on from him but unlike a guy like Baer he spent 2 months in the bubble even tho he knew he was likely the 13-14th forward.  

Loui has no one to blame but himself. It's not like he wasn't given a fair chance

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

sorry I don't buy that, he could have asked for a trade and we could have eaten some of the cap if necessary.. too little too late, 3-4 years ago he should have just said ok I suck with Vancouver so it's time to go, now 18 mil + later, what a thing to say, why not just keep your mouth shut? what an a_shole!

The debacle with Louis famous interview maybe was a strategy from Benning and Louis agent to see if a team showed any interest.

More beliavable than anything you write.

The real reason for Loui not be traded is the 6 mill and that Benning not wanting to eat 3 mill cap.

1 hour ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

And I think the way the fans and media were pretty tame on him considering how badly he disgraced the franchise with his pitiful excuse for effort.  No reason for anyone to respect a lazy piece of trash who doesn't care about winning.  Loui was so deluded he thought he actually belonged in an NHL lineup, and cried to the media when Green put him in the press box where he belongs.

Edited by King Heffy

3 hours ago, -Moose said:

Loui has no one to blame but himself. It's not like he wasn't given a fair chance

This!

Also he signed the contract so he knew there are certain expectations on him considering the money and term the team offered. If he was upset at the media or even the fans he could have agreed to terminate his contract and continue his career in Europe.  

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I agree his words are being taken out of context. 

However, he was treated poorly by the fans and media for good reason. The moment he put pen to paper, he forgot how to play hockey and work hard. 

At 6m, I'd say that's pretty clear grounds to generate scrutiny and disappointment. 

• Cheers 2

Happy we don’t have to see another year of LE. I rank him the worst Canuck ever, slightly worse than Messier.

We saw Messier’s 3 years of ineptitude, laziness and overpayment while LE gave us 2 additional years of that. 

Messier proved to be an anchor with top end players Bure & Mogilny while LE did the same with the Sedins. 

Messier was a distraction with the media but we saw more stories with LE (seemed daily).

Messier was more overpaid due to inflation but there was no salary Cap at the time and the team suffered more with LE (cheap/broke owner not withstanding).

The only thing Messier has on LE was unjustly becoming a Captain, when he was never a leader on this team. I will not be upset with him being a part of Linden extraction. That was the best move in franchise history.

Linden -> Bertuzzi (best power forward in Canuck history) -> Luongo (best goalie in Canuck history) -> Markstrom 

Linden -> McCabe -> Sedins (best players in Canuck history)

• Thanks 1