The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2021 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland
17 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

So is Gourde. How'd that work out for Tampa.

This continues to be some of the dumbest fan logic in existence. Especially since the league is going smaller, the impact of being a smaller player is less of an issue, especially for a guy that plays with the tenacity of Garland. 

Gourde is a chihuahua who will bark and get in the face of the big dogs like Edmundson.  Is Garland like that?

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

I do like OEL quite a bit, but he's not Norris-calibre anymore. Top 4 for sure and maybe even still top 2, but not Norris, at least not as of the past two years when he didn't receive any Norris votes.

I'm still very excited with this deal though.

OEL is way better than Edler, and we have him at one million more than Edler was making.  This is a great trade. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Why not just a straight up swap of Schmidt for Zadorov.  Probably similar value.

I’d hedge a bet saying Schmidt is still likely worth a little more than straight up for Zadorov.  He’s proven and has term.

could snag a 3/4 out of that deal too I’d imagine 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

How does the money situation work out? Assuming we sign Garland, aren't we even more capped out than we were before? 

Except we have filled two roster positions with the $12M of essentially dead cap space. 
Haven’t seen enough of Arizona in last couple of years to really make a lot of comments here. 
definitely sounds good for the in ice product next year. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

Now the Holtby and Schmidt dominos are left. Schmidt and our 41st to get back in the draft? 

If somehow Schmidt and 41st yields Zadorov and their 11th could take place (signed at a discount) and Holtby goes to either Boston or Carolina, that would be amazing.