The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

21 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Large rink, small rink… Are you biased or not?

Large rink a big yes, small rink, analyse ver hard before.

It was probably here Benning and coaches got a little blind.

Oh now it all makes absolute sense.   LE got confused and put it into our net because the rink was too small - and the rest is history.    I'm pretty sure you care more about Swedish players then the team itself.   That's whacked.  Also nationalism.  An ism that's ok except once it crosses a line then it's scary stuff.   Most of us our Canadian but you don't see anyone defending Beagle with anything close to the same vigour, or in Dahlen's case, Brisbois (when is it his turn anyways? oh yeah, never because he isn't good enough).    That said in Beagles defense, he actually was pretty decent for the job he had while he was here.   

• Cheers 3

24 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Oh now it all makes absolute sense.   LE got confused and put it into our net because the rink was too small - and the rest is history.    I'm pretty sure you care more about Swedish players then the team itself.   That's whacked.  Also nationalism.  An ism that's ok except once it crosses a line then it's scary stuff.   Most of us our Canadian but you don't see anyone defending Beagle with anything close to the same vigour, or in Dahlen's case, Brisbois (when is it his turn anyways? oh yeah, never because he isn't good enough).    That said in Beagles defense, he actually was pretty decent for the job he had while he was here.   

What?

Wasn’t one of the reasons Loui came here the match he had with the Sedins on a large rink??!

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Large rink, small rink… Are you biased or not?

Large rink a big yes, small rink, analyse ver hard before.

It was probably here Benning and coaches got a little blind.

So in International play on big rinks he succeeded with the Sedins, but some how this accomplished NHL player could not do the same on a small rink with the same players? I am struggling with your logic.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Loui had his best years on the small rink in Dallas and Boston. What is your point?

He played a different style than the Canucks wanted him to play. 

Here it seems the coaches wanted him to play with the Sedins as they played together with the national team on a large rink.

The difference between how Loui played with Dallas and Boston and with the Canucks have been explained by some fans here before.

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

He played a different style than the Canucks wanted him to play. 

Here it seems the coaches wanted him to play with the Sedins as they played together with the national team on a large rink.

The difference between how Loui played with Dallas and Boston and with the Canucks have been explained by some fans here before.

The Canucks signed him based on his style of play. Hard to the net, taking a pass perfectly sent from one of the twins, This has nothing to do with a large rink. As I said before he had proven himself capable on a SMALL rink for many years. 
Your large rink theory is inexplicable. Please explain to me how his style of play that made him a successful NHLer, would somehow change based on Canucks systems when that is what they expected of him in the first place?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

The Canucks signed him based on his style of play. Hard to the net, taking a pass perfectly sent from one of the twins, This has nothing to do with a large rink. As I said before he had proven himself capable on a SMALL rink for many years. 
Your large rink theory is inexplicable. Please explain to me how his style of play that made him a successful NHLer, would somehow change based on Canucks systems when that is what they expected of him in the first place?

I haven’t watched him play for Boston/Dallas. 
I’ve only seen the broken player that did exactly what Green wanted from him. 
He made every change asap due to his orders. 

At least two different fans here explained the difference in systems between the teams. 
I only us their words. 
Maybe one of them can jump in.

With the twins circling it can’t be the same play.

27 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Your obsession at this point is starting to creep me out. Let the man live his life.

It's kind of a tongue-in-cheek thing I got going with Timrafan ;) I'm not actually obsessed with Dahlen. Timrafan's actually the one that praises him unquestioningly.

27 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I haven’t watched him play for Boston/Dallas. 
I’ve only seen the broken player that did exactly what Green wanted from him. 
He made every change asap due to his orders. 

At least two different fans here explained the difference in systems between the teams. 
I only us their words. 
Maybe one of them can jump in.

With the twins circling it can’t be the same play.
Ennts

OMG Timra. How can you make your comments/suggestions based on no knowledge of his his NHL play overall? Your understanding  of the game seems to be based on snippets of highlights and posters comments.

I have to apologize, I have no idea of your age or experience. I mean no ill will towards you. I know you are a true hockey fan. Carry on, and be strong with your opinions.

Edited by CaptKirk888

2 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

OMG Timra. How can you make your comments/suggestions based on no knowledge of his his NHL play overall? Your understanding  of the game seems to be based on snippets of highlights and posters comments.

I have to apologize, I have no idea of your age or experience. I mean no ill will towards you. I know you are a true hockey fan. Carry on, and be strong with your opinions.

Because the ones defending Loui style wise between the teams made a strong case, believable and with knowledge, compared to the Loui haters wich are quite embaressing and focus only on the cap. 

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Because the ones defending Loui style wise between the teams made a strong case, believable and with knowledge, compared to the Loui haters wich are quite embaressing and focus only on the cap. 

If LE came in here and scored even 40 points year to year,  played his role as a solid PK guy and kept us his strong defensive game, there wouldn't be any haters.    29/30 year old for blue chip players like LE, shouldn't mean getting 20 points in the top six.   Yet that's what happened.   Was given 3/4 years to sort himself out, never did.    Sure Vancouver at the time wasn't the same team as Boston, why 40 points would have been fine, same with his age.    Nobody did this but him, wasn't the coaches, wasn't the systems.  Most guys as good as he was, would have played well until maybe a year ago - he fell off a cliff the very first season.    After the first 7 games actually - think he had 5 points his first seven games then off a cliff.

Edit:  Two things, LE was a good PKer and good depth guy.   And for whatever reason, even though he didn't get points like Hogs was getting last year,  LE worked decently enough with Pearson and Horvat (although just couldn't score for the life of him - totally snake bitten - unless the net was empty har har).   And like we've both said  before, if there was no cap, he wouldn't get the same "hate" etc.   Offending me a few times too seeing garbage and trash thrown around - that's a pretty tough fanbase to play for.    Still deserved some respect from us.  Just for wearing the uniform.    For sure if we had a deeper team during the rebuild, he'd have been playing on the 4th line by his third season though.   

Edited by IBatch

51 minutes ago, IBatch said:

If LE came in here and scored even 40 points year to year,  played his role as a solid PK guy and kept us his strong defensive game, there wouldn't be any haters.    29/30 year old for blue chip players like LE, shouldn't mean getting 20 points in the top six.   Yet that's what happened.   Was given 3/4 years to sort himself out, never did.    Sure Vancouver at the time wasn't the same team as Boston, why 40 points would have been fine, same with his age.    Nobody did this but him, wasn't the coaches, wasn't the systems.  Most guys as good as he was, would have played well until maybe a year ago - he fell off a cliff the very first season.    After the first 7 games actually - think he had 5 points his first seven games then off a cliff.

Edit:  Two things, LE was a good PKer and good depth guy.   And for whatever reason, even though he didn't get points like Hogs was getting last year,  LE worked decently enough with Pearson and Horvat (although just couldn't score for the life of him - totally snake bitten - unless the net was empty har har).   And like we've both said  before, if there was no cap, he wouldn't get the same "hate" etc.   Offending me a few times too seeing garbage and trash thrown around - that's a pretty tough fanbase to play for.    Still deserved some respect from us.  Just for wearing the uniform.    For sure if we had a deeper team during the rebuild, he'd have been playing on the 4th line by his third season though.   

The Canucks were really bad back then when he came here. I read a few old interviews before the first season with Loui and they all thought, What? Why didn’t they do a proper rebuild. 
They ranked the Canucks dead last in the division with Loui and Gudbranson as new players. 
One wrote that getting Loui screamed ”we want playoff hockey” and then out in the first round.

The desperation seemed to oose around Vancouver back then. 

Compare it when the oppo found out about Petey. We needed a player like Miller then to brak up the stalemate.

Did the Canucks have that kind of players back then?

Wich means that Loui and the Sedins were found out and The Canucks didn’t have any answer. 

Now, with this team, if Loui came in as Garland  he wouldn’t have any problem to reach the numbers in Dallas/Boston.

• Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 1