The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

1 minute ago, b3. said:

I honestly would have liked even Graovac in a 4th line C role.

I think Graovac would've been a good fit too, yes. Almost certainly cheaper too, though I'm not sure how his defense holds up compared to Sutter's.

1 minute ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Gourde is a chihuahua who will bark and get in the face of the big dogs like Edmundson.  Is Garland like that?

Yes.  He’s a very difficult player to handle, and thrives in the hard to play areas.  He’s incredibly quick, and skilled.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Only way you don’t like this trade is if you don’t know OEL or Garland or still believe in Loui, Rouss or Beagle.

You are missing the big picture. Sold the future for one year. Next year their cap space troubles were all gone and they would still have their 9th and the second that they just added plus as Jim he always does, he threw in a 7th.  LOL

• RoughGame 4
Just now, Provost said:

Well it got better and then it got worse :)

I guess it can’t be a Benning trade without an extra 2nd round pick thrown in as a bonus…

I guess they’re planning/hoping it’s a late 2nd. 

Makes it more of a fair trade but man I would of loved a solid dub. 

Just now, -SN- said:

What a rollercoaster. I went from not liking it, to grudgingly accepting it, right on back to not liking it. 

2nd round picks are Jim and Johns signature touch.

• Hydration 1
  • RoughGame 2

So with this term, OEL will play for us til he's 36, not bad for what he brings.   He may be on decline but anyone can actually rebound with better roster and if anyone can rebound, that's OEL.  I remember being frustrated when playing against OEL for a long time where he could stop us with ease on a terrible Coyote team..  I'm sure he would do the same to others.  I do not know much about Garland as I have not followed hockey except for Canucks.  Looking forward to next season already.  

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, Bure1010 said:

Hughes oel Schmidt myers

so please tell me who exactly knows how to play Defense. 

not to mention this team has been one of the worst shot differential teams in the past few years  

Let Mr Shaw deal with that.

• Hydration 2
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland
  • iceman64 changed the title to Can LE be any more insulting to us?
  • -Vintage Canuck- unfeatured this topic
  • -Vintage Canuck- unpinned this topic
  • -Vintage Canuck- pinned this topic