The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

3 hours ago, Me_ said:

How’s our favorite six million dollar welfare check recipient performing down there?

Back to his regular season form, it would seem, at least based on the game sheet.

Zeroes pretty much across the board for LE last game (other than his -2 plus-minus).  

The three former Canucks players were a combined -4 and had zero points in Arizona’s season opener.

• Haha 4
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Back to his regular season form, it would seem, at least based on the game sheet.

Zeroes pretty much across the board for LE last game (other than his -2 plus-minus).  

The three former Canucks players were a combined -4 and had zero points in Arizona’s season opener.

Excellent.

On 10/15/2021 at 4:57 PM, spook007 said:

If McAvoy is worth 9.5M each year I wonder how many feels OEL is over payed at 7.5 each year?...

There seems to have been some silence regarding OEL the last few days...

McAvoy is a near franchise defenseman at the prime of his career. OEL can still be a very good d-man but his best days are behind him and still has a lot of years left on it. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, iinatcc said:

McAvoy is a near franchise defenseman at the prime of his career. OEL can still be a very good d-man but his best days are behind him and still has a lot of years left on it. 

Maybe, but so far he has started very steadily, and been nothing but good. Well worth the 7.5M nucks are paying him. Whether he will drop like a stone in ocean, remains to be seen, but for now that is not the case. 
My point is that D men are being paid big money now. 

• Cheers 2

Just to update on LE, JB, and AR.

The terrific trio of former Canucks remain pointless after two games for the Coyotes, with Roussel also a healthy scratch last game. 

Combined, they now have 5 GP, 0 points, -4, and 5 total shots on goal.

Beags and Loui are playing ~13.5 minutes a game for Arizona.

Rooster played 10 minutes his first game and then got scratched for the second one.

EDIT: would only be fair to compare OEL and CG ;) 

OEL is playing north of 24 minutes and has 2 points in 3GP

Garland playing ~19 minutes per game and 3 points in 3GP

Combined 6GP, 5 points, -2, 16 shots on goal 

EDIT2: Dylan Guenther has also gotten off to a bit of a slow start with the Oil Kings (WHL). He had 3 points in 5GP. Last season he was 2 points per game.

(Hope these early returns continue, lol, but probably at least Guenther will pick up the pace. And the three former Canucks NHLers can’t go pointless the whole season. Or can they? :lol:)

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Just to update on LE, JB, and AR.

The terrific trio of former Canucks remain pointless after two games for the Coyotes, with Roussel also a healthy scratch last game. 

Combined, they now have 5 GP, 0 points, -4, and 5 total shots on goal.

Beags and Loui are playing ~13.5 minutes a game for Arizona.

Rooster played 10 minutes his first game and then got scratched for the second one.

EDIT: would only be fair to compare OEL and CG ;) 

OEL is playing north of 24 minutes and has 2 points in 3GP

Garland playing ~19 minutes per game and 3 points in 3GP

Combined 6GP, 5 points, -2, 16 shots on goal 

EDIT2: Dylan Guenther has also gotten off to a bit of a slow start with the Oil Kings (WHL). He had 3 points in 5GP. Last season he was 2 points per game.

(Hope these early returns continue, lol, but probably at least Guenther will pick up the pace. And the three former Canucks NHLers can’t go pointless the whole season. Or can they? :lol:)

I think,” little things” Loui will shag some empty net goals this year

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

The trade for JT for an unknown pick jumped this team ahead in years by 2 years.

This trade for OEL and Garland, was lights out the best possible trade that could happen do the Canucks in the off-season,.  This one will have us pulling out of 1st gear and accelerating far past the expectations of many.…. And how about that cap dump for non performing personnel.

If this was Toronto,  Benning would be a god.

I’ve seen glimpses of Eklund in Sharks and that guy could have played for us instead of Garland.

Benning stressed this deal and lost maybe the best player in the draft paying 4 mill more for Garland.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

37 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I’ve seen glimpses of Eklund in Sharks and that guy could have played for us instead of Garland.

Benning stressed this deal and lost maybe the best player in the draft paying 4 mill more for Garland.

This is about now,  not development for years hoping someone will turn into something.

Garland is now.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

The trade for JT for an unknown pick jumped this team ahead in years by 2 years.

This trade for OEL and Garland, was lights out the best possible trade that could happen do the Canucks in the off-season,.  This one will have us pulling out of 1st gear and accelerating far past the expectations of many.…. And how about that cap dump for non performing personnel.

If this was Toronto,  Benning would be a god.

WADR, anyone would look like a god next to Dubas. That’s a low bar to get over lol