The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Do you always hate? Or do you sometimes dislike?

Not one positive thing to say about anything.

I am sad for your kind. 

Hating is lazy.

making a joke = hating.

Reading comprehension, you should try it.

Hope this helps.

• RoughGame 1

I don't really see the point in going after Chychrun's -3 when he's on a bad team and it's so early in the season. He's basically the piece Arizona is working around and this is effectively the starting point of Arizona's rebuild. Arizona's going to be a bad team and good players are going to be in the minuses as a result.

So far this trade is looking good for us, but it's way to early to think about Guenthier and Chychrun shouldn't even be in this conversation to begin with in my opinion.

Basically it so far looks like Arizona did us a solid, so would it hurt to at least have the descency to respect that?

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

he is, and he's in an awesome situation money-wise. He's a UFA after 3 seasons. So he can pull a Seth Jones move and have all the leverage next summer for whats likely to be the biggest deal ever seen for a d-man. That or he walks from a crap team.

No doubt he's a really good player, but AZ either loses him or gives him a crippling salary.

That’s not really relevant to my point. Suggesting after 3 games on a terrible team that he is garbage to somehow try to pump up OEL makes zero sense. 

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Lol

Have you ever seen Chychrun play?

Its 3 games. Honestly can’t wait for the angst when OEL comes down off his sugar high and has a string of 3 bad games in a row. 

I get everyone here has this need to slag on other players to build up ours but cmon. If Chychrun was available every other team would be inquiring. Only 2 had any interest in OEL. 

posters come here to write nasty things about our young players, so it's time we equal the storyline.  This is the Canuck's home site after all.

Alf posts the truth about Chychrun.  He's a minus 3, and on his way to a Green Jacket.  

4 minutes ago, AV. said:

making a joke = hating.

Hope this helps.

So are we supposed to take everything you say as a joke then? Or do you just expect everyone to be a mind reader and know when you make a joke or not.

Remember this is a forum: sarcasm can't be read without really expressing that it's sarcasm in some way.

But hey, if you want no one to take you seriously ever, I can do that.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

posters come here to write nasty things about our young players, so it's time we equal the storyline.  This is the Canuck's home site after all.

Alf posts the truth about Chychrun.  He's a minus 3, and on his way to a Green Jacket.  

Chychrun has a good chance to win a Norris at some point in his career.  He's an excellent player stuck on a terrible team.

4 minutes ago, AV. said:

@The Lock

What about this statement is inflammatory or "hating"?  Please, tell me.

You expressed it as being sarcasm (baasically what I mentioned about having to really show something's sarcasm). The fact that you landed it on Travis Green along with the sarcasm does indeed make it hateful and inflammatory.

So yes, it does what you've asked it does.

Edited by The Lock

On 9/29/2021 at 11:05 AM, Chickenspear said:

You have no idea how free agency works do you?

Loui was absolute s*** for the duration of his time here. They gave him ample opportunity on the top 2 lines to produce, under 2 different coaches and 2 different systems. He played the majority of his time with the Sedins, who made Taylor f'ing Pyatt look like a top 6 player. He fell off a cliff in the span of an offseason, that's on him.

That guy has zero idea of how anything works in hockey. like -189 IQ when it comes to hockey. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, AV. said:

making a joke = hating.

Hope this helps.

When all of your posts are “sh***ing on management and coaches” posts, there is no space for your jokes.

You need therapy bud. Much needed.

3 minutes ago, AV. said:

@The Lock

What about this statement is inflammatory or "hating"?  Please, tell me.

Not sure if you've been part of the real world lately, but anything you say can and will be turned into something it is not intended to be... Welcome to the new reality

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

You expressed it as being sarcasm (baasically what I mentioned about having to really show something's sarcasm). The fact that you landed it on Travis Green along with the sarcasm does indeed make it hateful and inlammatory.

So yes, it does what you've asked it does.

Uhh, yeah, cuz King Heffy has a hard-on for hating Green...hence the joke...

8 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

That’s not really relevant to my point. Suggesting after 3 games on a terrible team that he is garbage to somehow try to pump up OEL makes zero sense. 

well, you're suggesting only 2 teams wanted OEL but thats not true, it was OEL that had a 2 team list.

We'll find out if @Alflives is correct and was helping JC's numbers as the year progresses.

1 minute ago, AV. said:

Uhh, yeah, cuz King Heffy has a hard-on for hating Green...hence the joke...

If this is the case, it would have been helpful to have quoted King Heffy actually hating on Green rather than only what you quoted King Heffy on.

Beacuse of what you quoted, you've made it look like you hate Green.

• Vintage 1

Just now, CR7 said:

Not sure if you've been part of the real world lately, but anything you say can and will be turned into something it is not intended to be... Welcome to the new reality

Which is fine if things being said actually cross lines.  But when I'm making a clear joke in reference to another user's opinion of a coach, it's just super odd behaviour to accuse me of hating lol.  I don't think I've ever said anything about TG as a coach lol, certainly much less than I've expressed about Benning as the GM.

• Cheers 1

Just now, The Lock said:

If this is the case, it would have been helpful to have quoted King Heffy actually hating on Green rather than only what you quoted King Heffy on.

Beacuse of what you quoted, you've made it look like you hate Green.

Yeah, I guess the statement "your favourite player" wasn't clear enough...

C'mon..

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

well, you're suggesting only 2 teams wanted OEL but thats not true, it was OEL that had a 2 team list.

We'll find out if @Alflives is correct and was helping JC's numbers as the year progresses.

This is certainly something to observe. JC not having OEL at his side will really show how reliant he was on OEL, if he was at all.

• Vintage 1

Just now, AV. said:

Yeah, I guess the statement "your favourite player" wasn't clear enough...

C'mon..

It wasn't clear at all. Maybe King Heffy likes Green and you hate Green. Maybe you like Green and King Heffy hates Green. Maybe you both like or hate Green. That statement could be used with ALL of those scenarios.

This leaves the rest of your quote which made it seem like you hate Green.

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

This is certainly something to observe. JC not having OEL at his side will really show how reliant he was on OEL, if he was at all.

yup the kid is on his own there, its going to be harder for him this year for sure with no one else to worry about for game planning.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

It wasn't clear at all. Maybe King Heffy likes Green and you hate Green. Maybe you like Green and King Heffy hates Green. Maybe you both like or hate Green. That statement could be used with ALL of those scenarios.

This leaves the rest of your quote which made it seem like you hate Green.

I am not a huge Green fan but I'm not a fan of AV derailing every single thread.

• Haha 3