The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

9 minutes ago, The Lock said:

It's not your opinions that make people "hate". From what I've observed, it's your demeanour. You have an arrogance about you and this very post I quoted shows that arrogance.

I don't expect you to care about this (although I challenge you to surprise me in caring), but since you seem to think it's about your opinions, I want to point out that it's not as I've seen others be very effective in expressing their opinions againt Green or Benning without creating as much controversy. Social skills can be learned afterall but arrogance WILL impeed social skills. ;)

Lol.  Well, good to know you can purportedly detect arrogance but not sarcasm for whatever reason..

• Wat 1

21 minutes ago, AV. said:

Lol.  Well, good to know you can purportedly detect arrogance but not sarcasm for whatever reason..

Actually, it's the fact that you think your sarcasm was detectable (when it clearly wasn't) that's part of that arrogance. ;)

And, like I said, I didn't expect you to care and it looks like I was right in that assumption. Or maybe you do care since you replied but don't want to "show it".

Edited by The Lock

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Actually, it's the fact that you think your sarcasm was detectable (when it clearly wasn't) that's part of that arrogance. ;)

Assumptions about innocuous comments = a product of arrogance.  Gotcha.

56 minutes ago, AV. said:

This isn't true

I live in Toronto - the center of the universe.  I'm quite happy :) 

On that note, it's pretty depressing to shadow somebody's posts, report them for everything you don't agree with, quote them on every little thing they say, etc. like you seem to do with my posts.  Just an observation..

Kind of like you with my post about the Selanne trade?

Hope this helps.

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Kind of like you with my post about the Selanne trade?

Hope this helps.

Not sure how one comment - and a friendly one at that - is even remotely similar.

But, uhh, yeah, sure, whatever cupcake...

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

well, you're suggesting only 2 teams wanted OEL but thats not true, it was OEL that had a 2 team list.

We'll find out if @Alflives is correct and was helping JC's numbers as the year progresses.

You do know that was last year, right? This year they opened it up to basically any team. The only ones reported as having even mild interest were Boston and Vancouver.  

One of you should explain to me how a guy who plays the most minutes, plays in all situations, and regularly played against the other teams top players was somehow being sheltered by the guy who played mostly against middle 6 forwards and bottom 2 defense pairings.  

This should be good.

Edited by wallstreetamigo

15 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

You do know that was last year, right? This year they opened it up to basically any team. The only ones reported as having even mild interest were Boston and Vancouver.  

One of you should explain to me how a guy who plays the most minutes, plays in all situations, and regularly played against the other teams top players was somehow being sheltered by the guy who played mostly against middle 6 forwards and bottom 2 defense pairings.  

This should be good.

really? you need an explanation why its better to have 2 capable LHD on a team than 1?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

really? you need an explanation why its better to have 2 capable LHD on a team than 1?

When did I say it wasn’t?

If anything, Chychrun taking the role he did sheltered OEL though, not the other way around.

Maybe Chychrun has struggled because their team sucks even more than it did last year?

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

If anything, Chychrun taking the role he did sheltered OEL though, not the other way around.

Maybe Chychrun has struggled because their team sucks even more than it did last year?

And a big part of the suckage is this trade.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I’m not a promoter of fighting, quite the opposite,. I clearly see the day that when you remove the gloves, your out for the game.

Yes, I think Benning inherited a heavily depleted team after Gillis..   it’s been time and a lot of moves to keep all progressing positively, and it is.

It just unfortunate when you get a player like LE, and some others,. Who feel that after putting in a lengthy period with a single team,

they can sit back or sit on they’re pile of money and bonuses and not contribute.

oh,.  And I think LE was a terrible mentor that way..   speaking the same language..  does not require a 6m annual payout.

Sure,.  Benning signed him,.  But in the end it’s player who should hold the responsibility, and be accountable for his game..

especially now that he’s playing for another team.

Drawing from Utica, keeps the relationship with some players from the farm.

The talent pool has to be given opportunity,

They all struggle.. the game evolves.

The players from the farm is just cannon fodder. 
The only ones that get out of there healthy is the goalies. 
The other players turns into noncreative players that only can fill the depth need.

I can’t come up with any good from Utica.

Everything worth anything came directly into the rostrr or traded to us. 

Abbotsford can be good because it’s in the area. I want to see a modern approach though from the coaches there. 

33 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Wait, so if Chychrun broke out with OEL in the lineup, you've been implying that he superceded OEL.

Coincidentally when OEL is out, among other players, Chychrun is now suffering because of the team? You can't make excuses in one case, but solely blame a player like OEL in the other. In both cases, AZ has a crappy team. 

Maybe OEL did more for the team than previously credited...?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Wait, so if Chychrun broke out with OEL in the lineup, you've been implying that he superceded OEL.

Coincidentally when OEL is out, among other players, Chychrun is now suffering because of the team? You can't make excuses in one case, but solely blame a player like OEL in the other. In both cases, AZ has a crappy team. 

Maybe OEL did more for the team than previously credited...?

People cherry picking so called facts to suit their own biased opinions and ignoring other so called facts. What else is new?

3 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Lol

Have you ever seen Chychrun play?

Its 3 games. Honestly can’t wait for the angst when OEL comes down off his sugar high and has a string of 3 bad games in a row. 

I get everyone here has this need to slag on other players to build up ours but cmon. If Chychrun was available every other team would be inquiring. Only 2 had any interest in OEL. 

That doesn't sound very Canuck Fan like? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Canuck Luck said:

That doesn't sound very Canuck Fan like? 

You have to appreciate that a lot of people are struggling in their lives. Wishing for the Canucks to lose or hating J.B. are not for hockey reasons but for personal emotional release. This is for sure healthier than turning to alcohol or drugs. However, I hope they get better in their lives and start enjoying hockey without personal baggage.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Easy to see how OEL probably lost a lot of motivation in Arizona… 

and being with us is a bit more invigorating.

Oh, I don't blame him for losing interest in playing for the Yotes. Perpetually crappy team backed by morally questionable management, always in talks of moving, knowing they want to trade you but can't. There were lots of reasons he wouldn't want to be there.

At the same time, one signs a contract knowing the expectations are to perform your job to the best of your ability no matter the circumstances, and given the amount of money he makes, it isn't an excuse to simply become disinterested. He also signed that contract 2 years ago, when the Coyotes were basically in the same position of mediocrity as they are currently. It isn't like he didn't know what he was getting into.

No, being "disinterested" wasn't a good enough excuse for Loui and I think OEL needs to be held to the same standards. While he had a brutal team to work with, he's still responsible for bringing it every night and both his basic and advanced stats show that he simply didn't do that.

7 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Oh, I don't blame him for losing interest in playing for the Yotes. Perpetually crappy team backed by morally questionable management, always in talks of moving, knowing they want to trade you but can't. There were lots of reasons he wouldn't want to be there.

At the same time, one signs a contract knowing the expectations are to perform your job to the best of your ability no matter the circumstances, and given the amount of money he makes, it isn't an excuse to simply become disinterested. He also signed that contract 2 years ago, when the Coyotes were basically in the same position of mediocrity as they are currently. It isn't like he didn't know what he was getting into.

No, being "disinterested" wasn't a good enough excuse for Loui and I think OEL needs to be held to the same standards. While he had a brutal team to work with, he's still responsible for bringing it every night and both his basic and advanced stats show that he simply didn't do that.

Withj OEL though, I think this is one of those things that's easy to say should happen, but to actually bring it every game on a team that's perpetually bad each year... that's a rather tall order over such a long period of time, especially when you're literally the captain of the team.

I also think comparing Loui's situation to OEL isn't really a fair comparison. OEL never had problems staying in the lineup unlike Loui. OEL also is still a good player when not at his best (which ironically shows how bad of a contract Loui had for us) and was still an integral part of the Arizona team unlike Loui. So if we're talking about standards, OEL's standards were and are much higher than Loui in my opinion.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Withj OEL though, I think this is one of those things that's easy to say should happen, but to actually bring it every game on a team that's perpetually bad each year... that's a rather tall order over such a long period of time, especially when you're literally the captain of the team.

I also think comparing Loui's situation to OEL isn't really a fair comparison. OEL never had problems staying in the lineup unlike Loui. OEL also is still a good player when not at his best (which ironically shows how bad of a contract Loui had for us) and was still an integral part of the Arizona team unlike Loui. So if we're talking about standards, OEL's standards were and are much higher than Loui in my opinion.

True and there was also other issues. He didn't seem to work with the coach, was stripped of his captaincy and he also seemed worn down by not playing meaningful games as he always played great internationally and also had a great playoffs in the bubble.

He seems great so far, if we get that level of play for 2-3 years and then a second pairing vet for a few years what's not to like.

• Cheers 1