The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

3 minutes ago, The.Burrowers said:

I guarantee you the rest of the league is pissed Arizona bailed us out of cap hell for next season.  This gives us a lot of flexibility to make some more moves with respect to Nate should there be actual interest (or just keep him if not).  We were hog-tied before which destroyed all our leverage in any negotiations.   

This.

And potentially why JB pulled the trigger prior to draft…and UFA signing period :)

Wow 

Holy Sh**! 

This is a blockbuster! I was REALLY looking forward to this draft though :( 

Our team is miles better then we were yesterday. If Garland is as good as advertised, this might push us into a perennial contender for the next 5 years. 

Just now, Bure1010 said:

This teams future is screwed. Put Petterson and Hughes with the likes of mcdavid eichel on teams who completely waste their careers

Pettersson and Hughes have already won 2 playoff rounds so they're already team-wise ahead of both those players, are they not? Considering they've played 4-5 less seasons than them, i don't think you can really compare them to mcdavid and eichel's teams. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Patel Bure said:

Woooooow!  :-o

I might be in the minority here, but I LOVE this deal.  Garland is one of the more underrated players in the league and should fit in well on that 2nd line.

I know people give OEL a hard time but he’s not nearly as bad as people make him out to be.  He still has a lot of game left and should give the Canucks two solid pairing options even if we end up moving Schmidt.  

More importantly however, the Canucks move all of their dead cap off the books.

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Garland-Horvat-Podkolzin

Hoglander-Dickinson-Virtanen

Motte-Graovich-Highmore

OEL-Schmidt 
Hughes-Hamonic

Juolevi-Myers

Demko

Holtby

Virtanen is toast.  Hopefully Schmidt too, he does not want to be here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -SN- said:

Canucks: Our biggest strength is drafting.

Also Canucks: YOU GET A PICK YOU GET A PICK YOU GET A PICK YOU GET A PICK YOU GET A PICK 

Been like that the whole time under Benning.  He's traded away more picks than he brought in durring our "rebuild".

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Garland - Horvat - Hoglander

Pearson - Dickinson - Motte

MacEwan - Sutter - Highmore

OEL - Myers

Hughes - Hamonic

Rathbone - Schmidt

Juolevi

Demko

Holtby (for now)

You know what, that's finally not a half bad top-6, decent 3rd line, and a solid, deep defence with good puck movers.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, CanadianRugby said:

After an 8 year rebuild, most teams are trading 1st round picks to try and win the cup.  Benning is doing it to try and scrape into the playoffs and save his job. 

And boom goes the dynamite ^

11 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

iirc he has a decent slapper too ?  something we have been missing for a while

Yep, although in Arizona he didn't use it as much, presumably because nobody would be in front so it was wasted.