The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I guess they’re planning/hoping it’s a late 2nd. 

Makes it more of a fair trade but man I would of loved a solid dub. 

I can’t complain too much, I have spent two offseasons saying we needed to bite the bullet to make cap space with a move like this…

The added picks just move it more of a question mark that depend on how he spends his newfound wealth of cap space.

If he can swing a long term deal with one or both of our stars right now because of it, that could offset some of the later OEL money as the cap starts rising and inflation making the max deal cheaper.

Why won't other teams just take our old bad overpaid players and give us their good cheap young ones in return?

That's what we want right? Maybe in bizarre world.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, khay said:

You can't be so naive as to think that Frankie, possibly the most hands on owner in the NHL, didn't approve a deal of this magnitude before it happened.

Jim agrees on a deal that he thinks can improve our team, presents it to the owner, the owner approves.

It’s a horrible deal which would have not happened if we had a new gm

• RoughGame 5

4 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Garland - Horvat - Hoglander

Pearson - Dickinson - Motte

MacEwan - Sutter - Highmore

OEL - Myers

Hughes - Hamonic

Rathbone - Schmidt

Juolevi

Demko

Holtby (for now)

You know what, that's finally not a half bad top-6, decent 3rd line, and a solid, deep defence with good puck movers.

macewen makes the team over podkolzin?

• Upvote 1

I do not like this trade at all. We would have been in cap heaven after this year is done, now we have the new LE on for another 6 bloody years.  If OEL continues his downward trend we absolutely got destroyed in this trade.

JB is going to have to get something great for Schmidt/Holtby in order to make this less garbage.

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Pettersson and Hughes have already won 2 playoff rounds so they're already team-wise ahead of both those players, are they not? Considering they've played 4-5 less seasons than them, i don't think you can really compare them to mcdavid and eichel's teams. 

I agree with u that they have won more playoff rounds in just saying. Oel and myers are currently and going to continue to decline in play unless hughes and petey are locked up long term they’re probably going to want out considering this team is most likely going to be “retooling” for another 5-6 years

• RoughGame 1