The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Garland - Horvat - Hoglander

Pearson - Dickinson - Motte

MacEwan - Sutter - Highmore

OEL - Myers

Hughes - Hamonic

Rathbone - Schmidt

Juolevi

Demko

Holtby (for now)

You know what, that's finally not a half bad top-6, decent 3rd line, and a solid, deep defence with good puck movers.

Psst.

You forgot Podkolzin. 

:ph34r:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlastPast said:

I feel very similar to how I felt about the Miller trade when it was made. They're taking a bit of  gamble here, hopefully it works out as well.  Mixed feelings about this one but I suppose time will tell.

Yeah and will have more perspective after we see how AZ drafts at #9 (or at least who is all available).

6 minutes ago, tas said:

the 2nd (and 7th) make no difference to me. there are lots of opportunities to recoup 2nd rounders. 

still a hell of a trade. 

conor garland will be an excellent top 9 addition and I personally believe oel will be revitalized playing somewhere that isn't poison. 

Especially if you're making a trade with Benning. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 2

Just now, Bure1010 said:

I agree with u that they have won more playoff rounds in just saying. Oel and myers are currently and going to continue to decline in play unless hughes and petey are locked up long term they’re probably going to want out considering this team is most likely going to be “retooling” for another 5-6 years

We have pettersson and hughes for the next 5 years at minimum do we not? That's plenty of time for a)the cap to inflate b)management changes c)personnel changes on the team

Stressing about it today is imo absolutely unnecessary. We just traded for a top 6 F and a top 2 D, while ridding us of contracts that this fanbase has been very vocally upset about for 3-6 years. Can we just be happy for once without having the sky falling? Sure, it's risky, sure, OEL might not have played like a 2D the last 2 years. Sure, Garland is small. 

Our team got better. 

• Cheers 2