The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

I still can't believe there is people around here that try to defend Benning. Unbelievable.

My favorite part is how pompous the Benning bros were about everything.

And how they'd look down on you if you didn't see the "plan" and tell you that you aren't a real Canucks fan if you didn't agree with it.

Looking back at this thread, seems some of the usual suspects don't even show their faces around here anymore. Go figure.

• Cheers 3

People who were excited about this trade never actually seen him play the last three or so seasons with the Coyotes. They saw the numbers he put up and his all-stars nods. And instantly thought he was a number one defensemen.

22 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Then this management added a bolded to the font and painted it red. 

We could have waited it out a year or two to see if OEL figured it out or we could have pulled our hair out of our heads watching him play for a couple more years. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steven Stamkos said:

We could have waited it out a year or two to see if OEL figured it out or we could have pulled our hair out of our heads watching him play for a couple more years. 

Could have rolled either way. The dead cap would have lasted less had we waited.  

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Could have rolled either way. The dead cap would have lasted less had we waited.  

Personally with the expectation of the cap increasing a lot over the next few years and with having to sign Petey and Hronek over the next couple seasons I think it was a no brainer to do this. We got a few players starting to enter their prime years and no space to sign them. 

Im also expecting a few moves to be made before free agency. Seems like JR and Allvin create some cap space only to use it up right away. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Yeah, there's no saving this trade anymore.  One of the worst trades in franchise history at this point.

Ya can’t even be argued. Unless we move garland and soemthing et a piece that surprises us and far exceeds or outperforms their value at time of trade 

huge L and I try to stay optimistic at

times of any movies and I feel sick I was optimistic when this trade happened Sad Andy Samberg GIF by Saturday Night Live

Ownership really f'd us over. Letting Benning make this trade and not giving him the leeway to do something with it is just dumb. If he was this close to being fired, why let him make this trade? I said it before, but he was fired like 5 months after making this trade. Ownership is destroying this franchise and fans are mad at Benning.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

3 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

My favorite part is how pompous the Benning bros were about everything.

And how they'd look down on you if you didn't see the "plan" and tell you that you aren't a real Canucks fan if you didn't agree with it.

Looking back at this thread, seems some of the usual suspects don't even show their faces around here anymore. Go figure.

We won but at what cost??

I was good with this trade when it happened, thought the risk was worth it with OEL, figured there was a good chance that he would return to form in a new city without the pressure of being EVERYTHING in Arizona. 

Sucks that it ended up this way, we definitely would have been better off waiting the extra year for the other contracts to expire and keeping the 9th OA etc.