The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

2 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

Hearing a lot about Zadorov on the board, any rumblings around Twitter or the league if we are actually in on him ? 

I havent, only that Chi dosent seem to think he’s worth the 4m he is looking for as an RFA..

but that is in Chicago.

and I don’t think Z is happy there .

Chi needs to fill theD Keith hole, and or do better depth wise.

I think my brain exploded analyzing this trade. I need time to figure out if I like this or not.

Also, ANYONE wishing Benning would be more bolder with trades had better not be mad at this trade or else be among the biggest hypocrites on this board because you guys got your wish.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We need more truculence on the blueline.  With the cap space I would go hard for Hakanpaa and Hamonic. 

Yep, this team is one Ogie Oglethorpe from being a true contender

• Hydration 2
3 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Yeah no one does at this point

I don't get this trade. Benning said during the middle of last season the team was 2 years away from competing. Why give up your future to get a player who is probably past his prime and unloading contacts when it would be off loaded after the 2021 / 2022 season anyways. 

Why do this when your window isn't even this season?

There is no way the expectation of this teams isn't going to the 2nd round next year.  We have a legit top 9 forward and top 4 D now, and opened up a ton of money to keep improving.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Just now, SilentSam said:

I havent, only that Chi dosent seem to think he’s worth the 4m he is looking for as an RFA..

but that is in Chicago.

and I don’t think Z is happy there .

Chi needs to fill theD Keith hole, and or do better depth wise.

I wonder if he takes less to be in Van, looking at this superstar roster now.

:bigblush:

2 minutes ago, KariyaSakicAnderson said:

I agree, if it was a bit more retained I would have liked it more. And as you said he has been on a crappy team this whole time with poor D deployment and D coaching. He has looked worse the past few yrs but after a while when you come to the rink knowing that you are playing for nothing it can affect your game. The other thing people forget is that Shaw will be more involved and have more input on how this team plays D and our D system which can only improve, in turn getting the best out of this D core including OEL. 

Def think this is a very good possibility! We could see some good hockey from him for at least 2/3 years hopefully more! 

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We need more truculence on the blueline.  With the cap space I would go hard for Hakanpaa and Hamonic. 

Here I thought JB was after some 'heft'.  Maybe I'm mistaken but Garland at 5'10" 165lbs isn't very hefty?

The only redeeming feature might be is if JB has another FA signing to come. As it stands now it's a disgrace. Think of this we decided not to sign Tanev for  4 year $4 mil contract and then we sign OEL who's best years are behind him for another 6 years at approx $6 mill. Get real, we'll trade Schmidt for a 2nd or 3rd. When is this going to stop. This rumour that JB is moving to Seattle ( JB family lives in Portland) might be a case of messing with the Canucks for years to come LOL as he leaves

• Wat 2
1 minute ago, smokes said:

Awww man with Louie, Beagle, Roussel, Edler, and most likely Virtanen gone. Who will be the new CDC whipping boy?

OEL?

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Essentially, I'm looking at this trade like

Eriksson + Beagle + Roussel + 1st Round Pick for OEL

Garland for 2nd Round and 7th round Pick

That wouldn't even work in EA NHL 2021. Good job Jimbo.

this is a good breakdown of it IMHO.

Garland is going to impress some of the fans that havent watched him play.  

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1