The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

Once again ownership called this one like the called the Errikson deal because they want a winner now to sell tickets. They are saying that a change might motivate Larrson but what motivation is there for a player that is making 8 million a year? I see just see another Errikson deal. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

9 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

“It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.”

Also a pest, ask MacKinnon.

Truly a gem.

@lmm Loves watching video clips showing snarl/tough to play against, so here you go.

@Wolfgang Durst 165 smallish forward huh?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

People really sleep on OEL cause Arizona was trash. But I like this deal. All our bad contracts are gone, and it only cost us a 1st and a 2nd. And well, the 7th if anyone really cares but I am pretty sure we had an extra one anyway. A 1st in a draft most GMs are saying is underscouted and relatively lacking in talent. OEL and Myers/Hamonic will be a problem for opposing teams. Better than Myers and Juolevi anyway. Now we can hopefully trade Schmidt for a 2nd/3rd rounder and a prospect or even for a 1st rounder straight up. Yes, pipe dream. But we can hope.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I don't know why people are downvoting you for this. You're not wrong. It doesn't mean that he can't improve with a change of scenery, but he has struggled a lot the last while relative to what he's expected to do. 

I downvoted it because he is not worse than Myers defensively.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

On what planet is OEL a bottom pairing Dman?

According to this chart. His level of competition is only at a 47% percentile, which is ultimately bottom pairing competition.

7938B781-1404-4A13-996F-BA733F56C516.jpeg.20ddf0101c7805b88155144a76010294.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Comeback_Kings said:

Never a dull moment with JB.  Exciting times on cdc!  The retool is nearing completion and the future is now.  Canucks should be one of the top two teams in the Pacific Division for the coming season.   

Yup. Vegas and Vancouver will be fighting it out. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Baratheon said:

How badly has OEL actually declined the last couple of years?  I can't say that I actually watched a whole lot of Arizona games!

Also for those of you ARE familiar with his decline.  WHY are you familiar??  What has drawn you to digging to Arizona? haha

He’s been straight up terrible except for the PP. and Hughes has the PP1 LS spot locked up.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Baratheon said:

How badly has OEL actually declined the last couple of years?  I can't say that I actually watched a whole lot of Arizona games!

Also for those of you ARE familiar with his decline.  WHY are you familiar??  What has drawn you to digging to Arizona? haha

3EAFE093-6771-4EEB-B1D1-D16E15136CBE.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

an awful lot of coaches and agents have been singing greener's praises recently ... I thought he was a terrible coach though?

I have to take back a lot of what I said about Green. The fact that players like Hughes and others spoke glowingly about him/Baumer says something.

And logically speaking, if the players HATED Green, they would've had him fired. 100 percent.

1 minute ago, Templeton Peck said:

I haven't looked through any of this thread yet, but if I know this forum like I think I do I'm sure everyone is discussing the trade in a calm rational manner.

That's right Temp...

Lot's of "Well you make some excellent points, but I have to respectfully disagree"......

Cartoon Photo Collection: Goofy Gophers Cartoon Photos | Classic cartoon  characters, Cartoon photo, Cartoon

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

On what planet is OEL a bottom pairing Dman?

He literally played the 5th most difficult competition among Coyotes defenders. If four players play more difficult minutes, that would make you a bottom pairing defenseman. 

He was third in TOI/G at ES among coyotes D. Racking up minutes against other team’s bottom sixes.

3 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

The advanced stats don't look good for OEL last few years, plus he lost his top PP spot to Chyckrun. (Check Jfresh's graph)

7938B781-1404-4A13-996F-BA733F56C516.jpeg.20ddf0101c7805b88155144a76010294.jpeg

However, hoping that has more to do with the $&!#show that was Arizona and OEL just checking out more than his actual capability. 

Edited by DSVII
  • Thanks 1