The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

Just now, Dazzle said:

I think OEL has more to give, quite honestly, but his cap hit sucks. Everyone will know this to be true.

Garland is arguably their best roster players, on a team like AZ that had trouble scoring. He's a freaking playdriver. The guy is only 25 and he's under the radar. I'm not saying the OEL thing is great, but Garland is freaking amazing

Arizona can't have any leverage with that OEL contract. 

Does OEL still have trade protection? If so I imagine his list is limited.

• Like 1

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The could potentially be the biggest blockbuster we have seen in years involving the Canucks.

I am so nervous.  With Garland involved, this could be the best, or worst deal in a long time.

I feel the next 10 mins will determine Benning's legacy.

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

I think OEL has more to give, quite honestly, but his cap hit sucks. Everyone will know this to be true.

Garland is arguably their best roster players, on a team like AZ that had trouble scoring. He's a freaking playdriver. The guy is only 25 and he's under the radar. I'm not saying the OEL thing is great, but Garland is freaking amazing

I have always been an OEL fan. He's just overpaid. If he comes with salary retained, are first isn't involved, LE the other way. I can get on board with this. 

• Vintage 1