The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

11 minutes ago, Jetliner said:

Ownership and management couldn't wait 1 more year for all the crap contracts to expire.

Instead they took on a longer and $&!#tier contract that's is ultimately impossible to get rid of if things fall apart

Let's hope OEL can give us 2 decent years and the rest he can just injure himself and go to LTIR

Yes welcome to Vancouver OEL. Half the fans will love you and hope you do well. The rest will disrespect you and hope that you suffer a career ending injury. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, shiznak said:

That’s what they said about Karlsson.

How’s he doing in San Jose?

How many ankle surgeries has OEL had (legit question)? I called Karlsson's bad contract before he was even traded. One ankle for a guy that did all his damage with his skating was gonna have him getting grossly overpaid.

29 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

I can tell you’re in one of those moods where you can’t make a competent argument so you’re just making tiny posts like this for upvotes.

Happens pretty often.

If one day you can explain why adding a 30 year old D who plays bottom pairing level QOC and bleeds goals against while being soft and slow and has 6 years left at #1D money is a win to us, feel free to tag me pal. Would love to read it.

Lol . Pure stupidity.  Bottom pair ? Hahaha

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

After the money Edler has made, its a head scratcher as to why he wouldnt take a hometown discount, and one to help the team and maybe a shot at a very deep playoff run. 

Open market Edler is still a $ 3- 4.5 mill  guy.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lol ya if you want them to score on you at will.

Sorry to say but OEL has been a defensive negative even relative to his teammates on Arizona. He is good on the PP. But unless he supplants Hughes on PP1 his numbers there will likely drop.

I actually wonder how Hughes feels right before being expected to re-sign with Benning essentially saying OEL is our new #1.

• RoughGame 6

Just now, MikeBossy said:

Conor Fricking Garland makes the 1st worth it - kid is a beaut - took a puck off his face to score a goal - got stitches and came back! Exactly the type of player we need!

Yea that’s good on him but I think Jake Virtanen took a puck off his face to score a goal too 

Just now, MikeBossy said:

Conor Fricking Garland makes the 1st worth it - kid is a beaut - took a puck off his face to score a goal - got stitches and came back! Exactly the type of player we need!

Looking at his highlights give you a FULL appreciation for how good this guy is. He's soooo fast. Hands are silky smooth. He can play anywhere in the lineup, top 9 guy for sure.