The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

4 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Is anybody going to give me credit for saying this is what it would take to get OEL? And the fact that we get to keep Schmidt

I think we can recoup the lost draft picks by trading Holtby and Schmidt

I didn't know you said that.

But I'll give you credit anyway.

16 minutes ago, zapperman said:

I’m responding to this post but really it is in response to all the posts with this narrative. I think what many with this thought process truly fail to comprehend is, try telling a group of 20 or so professionals to just “wait one more year” in a career that spans 5-10 years. Pretty sure I wouldn’t want to wait and waste a year as a player. All else aside, we are a much better team than we were 2 hours ago. I think the players will appreciate that. I like this house cleaning trade a lot and am stoked already. And who knows what else is going to transpire. Things are looking great

This is a side to the trade that even Drance was harping on this offseason.

As enticing as it was to many (me included) to just ride out the old contracts, repeating last year’s dismal season is a risk to the overall morale of this team… while I don’t lend a lot of weight to guys flat out wanting out, I’m sure a trade like this will gives the room a boost.  Maybe even helps grease the wheels on the Petey / Hughes contracts.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Is anybody going to give me credit for saying this is what it would take to get OEL? And the fact that we get to keep Schmidt

I think we can recoup the lost draft picks by trading Holtby and Schmidt

sorry but get real

a 1st, 2nd, 7th isn't simply for OEL.

They sent out 12 million of cap in a cap crunch / tight market.

They got a .8 ppg forward.

And they got 7.2 million of retention on OEL.

OEL is roughly/maybe 1/3 of the value in this deal.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

I can`t for the life of me decide if this trade is a disaster or if Benning is a genius. But if we look at history, i`m guessing the former. And I`ll bet my hairy a## LE scores 50 points

for arizona just to spite us.

15 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Ah yes I'm a tool because I think a guy who is 24 years old and won the 2018 accuracy competition in said All STAR game, is a star. 

Life must be tough being that miserable all the time

John Scott was in the all star game.

Here is a tip. He wasnt a star player.

Winning a skills competition makes someone a star player now? Thats laughable, sorry to say.

So, what have we learned? Being in the all star game - which has a requirement to have arep from every team - does not make someone a star player.

McDavid is a star player. Matthews is astar player.

Boeser is a very good player but is not astar player.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • RoughGame 1

25 minutes ago, rekker said:

Great job JB. They can't keep wasting the best years of Bo and JT and at some point you need to go for it with what you got. Hopefully Hamonic likes these changes enough to put pen to paper and if that happens this is a legit team. Add Pods, Rath, and a second year Hogs and bring on some competition ready to get Demkoed. I'm fine with Schmidt staying and betting he is more like the second half player we saw. If he's on the trade block it's a first or a legit young dman or stuff it. I'm real happy with these two new additions and lost dead weight. Awesome. 

Exactly how I feel... well said 

• Cheers 3