The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

5 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Could you imagine? lol.

This is a great trade. I don't like losing the two picks, but we've got a top six forward easily in Garland. He was third in scoring on a terrible Coyotes team, while a budget-conscious and rebuilding Coyotes team will probably sink to the bottom of the central next year with the Wild and the Predators. This is a valuable draft pick, but if Edvinsson or Eklund fell to us it's wishful thinking that either of them would be as good as Garland or OEL. OEL is a known product we've also added another great young forward who can play with Hoglander and Horvat. This team is definitely a top playoff team. The trouble for us now is the lack of prospects, which is something Benning can remedy. Good move. 

I think this is a pretty key detail.  "A bird in the hand" as they say.

40 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Yawn x 2.

Clearly you're desperate for attention, engagement - so here's all you're gonna get.

The reason you're not getting a response - is because you're playing the typical straw game - er "you hate Subban" - why defend OEL?  yawn

Save the weak bait for someone interested in pointless prattle that goes nowhere.

You're clearly all wound up - in a pissy, self-induced crap-goggles mood.

Again - here you are - with a smarmy one-liner reduction of OEL into:

1) bottom pairing (LOL btw)

2) soft

3) slow

4) 'bleeds goals against'

5) drivel about "qoc" that you know literally nothing about.

All in one sentence.  Well done.  Solid take.

Reminds me of when you blew a head gasket over the Motte deal and called me a 'schill' - because I knew and liked the player.

Carry on Tom.  That's about all the time I have to waste on you/this.

Hey, no explanation still. Just more deflects.

One of us also admits when they’re wrong - Like I did on Motte (also the only thing I’ve been wrong about which is why you’re going back to it even though I admitted I was wrong on it)

The other one just keeps on going. 

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 2

Just now, Ilunga said:

Me to.

Bit sad to lose our 9th but to dump that much cap and fix a couple of positional needs with a pair of really good players.

Hopefully OEL slots in and meshes with our Defense.

I think his talent and experience is going to re-thrive and shine in Vancouver. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Could you imagine? lol.

This is a great trade. I don't like losing the two picks, but we've got a top six forward easily in Garland. He was third in scoring on a terrible Coyotes team, while a budget-conscious and rebuilding Coyotes team will probably sink to the bottom of the central next year with the Wild and the Predators. This is a valuable draft pick, but if Edvinsson or Eklund fell to us it's wishful thinking that either of them would be as good as Garland or OEL. OEL is a known product we've also added another great young forward who can play with Hoglander and Horvat. This team is definitely a top playoff team. The trouble for us now is the lack of prospects, which is something Benning can remedy. Good move. 

Eriksson was a known high scoring consistent product before he came here look how that turned up. Jim has not learned but has done the rinse and repeat this time with OEL insteadmof Eriksson.

Edited by PositionOfPower
  • RoughGame 1

12 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Is that Conor's brother? What parent would give their kids such similar sounding names..  very confusing 

He's ALLOT better then everyone thinks. People think he was a throw in because he is flying under the radar.  He's a legit 2nd line star in the making. He is just as big,  if not bigger then OEL

Edited by cuporbust

2 minutes ago, Millerdraft said:

So I got to page 49 and only gained two pages of pace so I figured I’d cut to the chase and just ask a trusted poster:

Is Canuck fandom’s public opinion pretty much lining up as a repeat of “OMFG Benning just traded a 1st for a third line winger when he had Brisebois bent over a barrel due to the salary cap!  The sky is falling!”?

I guess people were cool with waiting a year and getting out from under the $12m in wasted cap space only to find out that JT Miller demanded a trade because Canucks’ brass weren’t “actively trying to compete for a Cup in our prime years” which set off a domino effect of Boeser not committing to a long term contract and Horvat informing management that he, much like JT Miller,  was going to move on after his prime years were also wasted…

But hey!  We’ve got Hughes and Petey and some potential top-six scoring draftees that might be NHL caliber in four years when they’re looking back at how their prime years were spent building a Cup contender around!

53707887-230C-46A6-B509-75EB0A079EE2.jpeg

• Upvote 1

The Sedins will have had an influence in this trade for sure. If so, they know more then any moron freaking out about OEL. This is not going to be a problem contract like so many are freaking out about.

The Cap will be going up in about 3 years, and more than likely a few years after that. OEL is still one of the best mobile and playmaking defensemen in the league. 

Garland is an exciting player and is a proven talent. It does suck losing the 9th overall in this years draft. 

I'm not disappointed or excited about this trade, but it does make the Vancouver a better overall team for next 4 years.

I`m just so tired of hopeing for a CUP and things going in the wrong direction. I`m from sweden and my team over here took 25 years of dispare before we finally landed the cup.

I cant do this again !`m 59 I`ll be dead by then.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I would have maybe liked a hair more retention, but that's not a bad piece of work.

Probably a nail in the Edler coming back coffin though... We'll see..

My thoughts exactly. $1.5-2M and I’d call it a clear win.

I think OEL is better than what he’s shown. But if he continues to regress, well… :unsure: That is the big gamble here. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Millerdraft said:

So I got to page 49 and only gained two pages of pace so I figured I’d cut to the chase and just ask a trusted poster:

Is Canuck fandom’s public opinion pretty much lining up as a repeat of “OMFG Benning just traded a 1st for a third line winger when he had Brisebois bent over a barrel due to the salary cap!  The sky is falling!”?

I guess people were cool with waiting a year and getting out from under the $12m in wasted cap space only to find out that JT Miller demanded a trade because Canucks’ brass weren’t “actively trying to compete for a Cup in our prime years” which set off a domino effect of Boeser not committing to a long term contract and Horvat informing management that he, much like JT Miller,  was going to move on after his prime years were also wasted…

But hey!  We’ve got Hughes and Petey and some potential top-six scoring draftees that might be NHL caliber in four years when they’re looking back at how their prime years were spent building a Cup contender around!

All I can tell you is those who are losing their minds didn’t have much of one to begin with. 

Garland is a beaut. 

Getting rid of our albatrosses is a god-send. 

This was a solid trade. It will help the team and I’m happy with it. 

This trade will make more sense once the second part of it with a Holtby/Schmidt/Virt second feature makes this trade make more sense. 

This is just the first move in a larger game plan. If it works(and I mean IF) this could make our team a solid playoff team for years upcoming. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3