The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Schmidt back to Washington for Dillon?

I'm good with keeping Schmidt and signing a guy like Savard.

Dillon is another LHD - I'd prefer to sign a RHD - or trade for a young one if at all possible.

• Vintage 1

Benning basically saying he made the trade based on OEL regaining his form from 5+ years ago. Cross yo' fingers. These kind of bets don't work out too often. Probability is players that start a 2-3 year decline, continue it regardless of age.

Edited by TheCustodian
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

I remeber watching garland last year because a friend of mine is a yotes fan thinking , " this kid is a legit first line player.  Why the hell is nobody talking about him? "

Ohhhh  I think we have the best offence in the division now. Its the defence that`s the problem

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I'm good with keeping Schmidt and signing a guy like Savard.

Dillon is another LHD - I'd prefer to sign a RHD - or trade for a young one if at all possible.

Latsson went for 4. I think Savard can be had cheaper. I hope we sign him. 

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

when his contract is up I believe he will be a whopping 36...and I hear it is buy-out friendly. 

Remember the old ads that said a 70 yr old Swede was fitter than a 35 yr old Canadian?  If true, then compared to Giordano now, OEL then will be like a teenager.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I went down to ARI a few years back to watch the Nucks. OEL was the fan fav. I know he has had some bumps along the way but man was he good at that time and the crowd went wild.

Ari management seems to have done him and Gary a solid. 

Why does Gary keep coming out to whatever podium year after year?

I know he is the commish but I am positive he reduces the appeal of the league every time his dumb ass talks in public.

He was boo'd in Seattle. They haven't had hockey for 100 years!

Get a spokesperson.

4 minutes ago, TheCustodian said:

Benning basically saying he made the trade based on OEL regaining his form from 5+ years ago. Cross yo' fingers. These kind of bets don't work out too often. Probability is players that start a 2-3 year decline, continue it regardless of age.

Exactly. Absolutely huge gamble by Benning. 

Those referencing the dead cap going the other way forgot to mention the fact that it’s coming off the books in a year’s time. 

If OEL continues his decline, we’ll have a total albatross of a contract that we’ll have to deal with. 

It’s obviously too early to come to a conclusion but this could either be a blessing or a complete disaster. 

21 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Schmidt back to Washington for Dillon?

I'd do that, saves a bit of cap hit, as well as getting rougher/tougher.

17 minutes ago, BPA said:

Lol.

Apparently we stole BOS trade targets.  We should trade them Schmidt, JV, and Holtby for their 1st 2021 (21st pick), 2nd 2022, and DeBrusk. 

:P

In a stunning, masterstroke J.B. announces the back up goalie for next season will be the just unretired Roberto Luongo at 1.5 mill for 1 season, saving another $1.5 mill of space.

• Cheers 1

Well we helped Phoenix. Now they tank again next year with all the garbage. Remember Phoenix has buyouts options as well and Louis contract is up this year!!. I think we gave up too many draft picks as usual. But we did iff load a bunch of garbage. I laugh if Louis get 30 goals