The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

1 minute ago, Johnny Torts said:

Johnston and Hughes gone by pick #5

Was just going to post this....

....still, I doubt the whingers are going to feel any different. Whomever goes #9 will automatically become a superstar in waiting....:rolleyes:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just not hearing some fans going on and on and on about Loui, Roussel and Beagle this season makes the trade fantastic!  Now, JB...walk away from signing Sutter and you get a pass.:towel:

Seriously though, I think our team is looking much better now.  Still need a proper top 4 rd for Quinn and then we're good to go.

To top it off, can you imagine if Schmidt was traded for a mid round 1st and Canucks pick 'the Russian kid'?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Was just going to post this....

....still, I doubt the whingers are going to feel any different. Whomever goes #9 will automatically become a superstar in waiting....:rolleyes:

Bro, holy $&!#! my top 3 in hughes, johnston and edvinsson all gone. wow. This trade just looks better and better as this draft goes on.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Lol was just thinking this too

Edvinsson gone....looking entirely possible.  Although with the sharks and kings up he's probably as good as gone.

Hoping Eklund and Clarke go in the next 2 picks so I can just say oh well

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

While CDC melts down over getting OEL (with retention) and and Garland for a 1st 2nd and 7th plus shedding 3 dead weight contracts.

Chicago just gave up Boqvist (8thOA in 2018) a 2021 1st, 2022 2nd and 2022 1st (slides to 2023 if it is a top 2 pick) and signed him to a 7 year $9.5 MILLION extension

But sure...do go off about how this deal is awful

Yeah that’s gross.

But he’s also bigger younger and in his prime 

we are paying a guy for what he did not what he’s going o do that’s the difference.

OEL isn’t a 8 mill player he was but he isn’t now and he won’t be close in 4 years. 

both are over payments

garland doesn’t excite me at all so small,  could be the only guy that make hughes look big. 

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Edvinsson gone....looking entirely possible.  Although with the sharks and kings up he's probably as good as gone.

Hoping Eklund and Clarke go in the next 2 picks so I can just say oh well

One more down n off the board…