The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

5 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Fwiw… I’m hearing the Canucks are after another 3C, but with skill, bumping Dickinson to a pure checking line with Motte and ?

I think that's a mistake. I didn't know much about Dickinson but after research I see him as having more skill to develop or at least show. I think it would be a shame to stifle that. Re-sign Sutter for the 4th for a super cheap contract, then have a backup waiting in the AHL. (Not sure who that is with Lind gone and others at the end of their contracts)

Edited by kloubek
2 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

I was uneasy when i heard that benning made a trade. It “seemed” like a knee jerk reaction, swing for the fences in an attempt to save his job move. I wasnt impressed with taking cap back, despite offloading the dead weight, and losing out on the ninth and second rounder. Ive learned to give benning the benefit of the doubt with his trades since Miller so i held my thoughts to see how the draft panned out. 

Once again, i realize how shrewd benning actually is. Its like he knew what would be left at number nine. He really is on a whole other level on draft day. I think only a few other gms come close to it. 

I'm hearing that they had an idea of how things were going to play out last night.  May have factored in.

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Just talking heads. Doesn't matter what they say..

JB hit a grand slam home run today. 

Pretty sure Jim just shortened our rebuild by a year.  A situation of his own making mebbe, but no matter, he went n gotter fixed.

Forwards decline faster than defencemen, so I'm not seeing an exact Loui parallel here.

I hope Jim landed a running long kick in the tender bits of Loui's disappearing arse following his exit interview.

We no longer have to suffer that selfish, cheap penalty machine, or scream for one-shift Beagle to keep up.

Virt n Edlar n Sutter n Ferland gone also helps Jim regain a little of the control he lost while gambling.

Happiest 'Nuck I've been since Gillis barged in to piss on everybody's strawberries.

If that D coach is assigned paperwork duties only, we'll make progress.

If Jim can entice mo grit, we're competing.

Travis ..... szit or get off the pot please.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

I was uneasy when i heard that benning made a trade. It “seemed” like a knee jerk reaction, swing for the fences in an attempt to save his job move. I wasnt impressed with taking cap back, despite offloading the dead weight, and losing out on the ninth and second rounder. Ive learned to give benning the benefit of the doubt with his trades since Miller so i held my thoughts to see how the draft panned out. 

Once again, i realize how shrewd benning actually is. Its like he knew what would be left at number nine. He really is on a whole other level on draft day. I think only a few other gms come close to it. 

Agreed. I’m just not seeing this as a loss. 9 wasn’t netting them anything in this draft specifically that would offset the need to fix the cap and get more top tier D help. Add Garland, and I’m even less concerned. I don’t like losing that 2nd though but it is what it is. 
For some reason I don’t think Benning is done either....

3 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

People don't know how good garland is . Especially playing on a sht team. He's flown under the radar.  Probably why he was able to poach him. Well said 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2
47 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Why is Erikkson gettin a “thank you”

No no you got that wrong. That’s Eriksson thanking the Canucks for 36 mill of free money. 

1 hour ago, Tom Sestito said:

He’s 30 and his play has fallen off a cliff for not one or two years - like four or five years. 

Nope, has not, complete lie. Look up the stats. He has been putting up the same number for the last 6 years. 

2014-15 Arizona Coyotes NHL 82 23 20 43 40 -18 -- -- -- -- --
2015-16 Arizona Coyotes NHL 75 21 34 55 96 -6 -- -- -- -- --
2016-17 Arizona Coyotes NHL 79 12 27 39 48 -25 -- -- -- -- --
2017-18 Arizona Coyotes NHL 82 14 28 42 44 -28 -- -- -- -- --
2018-19 Arizona Coyotes NHL 81 14 30 44 52 -16 -- -- -- -- --
2019-20 Arizona Coyotes NHL 66 9 21 30 38 -3 9 1 3 4 8
2020-21 Arizona Coyotes NHL 46 3 21 24

40+ point D man, and is going to continue that for another 3+ years. Arizona did not have(or ever had during OEL time) the top end players Vancouver has. You will see him get back to the 50 point mark for the next couple years in Van. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 3
5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Benning is looking real good today.

He knew what would be left at 9.

One of his best days in his tenure.

true , now if he can get a great RHD we will be set!!

• Like 1
Just now, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Can we all take a moment to put our differences aside and at least come together on the fact that Eriksson is gone?

FB0DB0B6-5DB3-4EB2-A5FD-A530D600AC57.jpeg

The fact we got anything back for that is a bonus 

• Hydration 2
  • Haha 1