The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

5 minutes ago, EoH said:

Potentially it could be the other way around and it’s Hughes that takes the pressure off of Larsson.

Just knowing they want to be on our team is a huge plus.

Hopefully the sum of the parts is greater than the whole.

• Hydration 1

Just now, bbllpp said:

Canucks add a top 4 D and a top 6 forward and shed 12 M of dead cap.   Not sure how they don’t come away draft day winners

Conveniently omitting the 9th overall pick makes the trade look good, sure, but I’d rather have kept the pick and waited until next summer to make a splash.

• RoughGame 3

18 minutes ago, Mo Grit said:

Not so.

Jim tried stuff.

The players he signed turned out not to actually possess the character they sold him.

They took full advantage.

He fixed that today.

Without dissing them in the media.

Class.

I really like your more positive take. :)

• Hydration 1

Just now, N7Nucks said:

Because you want to show your players that matter that you want to improve the team so they don't become like Edmonton's kids back when all they cared about was lottery picks. 9th overall pick doesn't do much for this squad. Our foundation is largely set. Now is the time to build around them. It helps build up their confidence and instead of looking at the direction the team is going and saying "well they don't care about winning, so why should we?" They can look forward to fighting and battling for playoffs. Being competitive in 2 years could just mean being a cup contender. They can and should be a playoff contender now.

It’s also a recipe to build the next Minnesota Wild. Decades of mediocrity until you eventually buy people out. 

I don’t know, I think a lot of are tired of holding our breath year after year to see what contract trouble we get into next. And now we get to see OEL until 2027.

• Hydration 3
  • RoughGame 2

1 minute ago, EmilyM said:

Conveniently omitting the 9th overall pick makes the trade look good, sure, but I’d rather have kept the pick and waited until next summer to make a splash.

9th overall more likely to be less than 2 proven NHL players, but get your point, fact that Clarke was gone at 9 JB is ahead on this

Personally I take NHL players over maybes almost every time and we got two

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

40 point dman who is not as bad defensively as people on here cry ad nauseam. And a stud in Garland. 

Also factor in with these Covid drafts and the amount of games the draftees have been able to play.

• Hydration 1

Just now, bbllpp said:

9th overall more likely to be less than 2 proven NHL players, but get your point, fact that Clarke was gone at 9 JB is ahead on this

Personally I take NHL players over maybes almost every time and we got two

Most championship teams have cores built through the draft. I would agree if I felt our core is a trade or two away from being competitive, but I don’t. I feel we still need needle movers. This summer shouldn’t be the summer we go for it. 

• RoughGame 1

Just now, EmilyM said:

Most championship teams have cores built through the draft. I would agree if I felt our core is a trade or two away from being competitive, but I don’t. I feel we still need needle movers. This summer shouldn’t be the summer we go for it. 

Problem is this draft has little impact in this core

• Hydration 4