The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

5 minutes ago, J-Strap said:

Werent these the same players we had this past season when the Nucks sh!t themselves?

Those players were all largely good this season. It was the bottom 6 that sh*t themselves and a D core that can't pass the puck to save their lives. We got rid of 3 bottom 6 bums, got a 15 goal scorer to help depth scoring and a top 4 d-man that can actually move the puck. It's a major improvement already. The addition by subtraction of moving out Eriksson and Rooster alone is pretty massive. As it makes room for guys like Big Mac, Highmore and Gadjovich to take some prominent bottom 6 roles. Then you factor in we got another Pearson in Garland. Got a puck mover in Ekman Larsson to take the load off Hughes and add depth scoring on the blue line. I mean, come on. This is all mostly self explanatory the fact it needs explaining is kinda bonkers.

• Cheers 4

Just now, Dazzle said:

You're not always correct, hehe. Keep lying to yourself. That's why posters like myself are trying their best (which isn't enough unfortunately) to help you along.

Hope this helps.

Tell me, when have been I wrong?  Literally everything I say comes to fruition.

Life as AV.  It's great.

• RoughGame 3

2 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

Conor Garland is a player we wish we could get with a 9th OA pick. 

Very happy.

Yeah, but that 9th OA pick could have been anybody! It even could have been a Conor Garland, you know how much we've wanted one of those!

We'll take the pick please.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, bbllpp said:

You are in denial on what’s coming back.  We likely win this trade in the long run.  You are over valuing a 9OA and this draft was a crap shoot given Covid, we dis not miss out on a need (Clarke/MacTavish) it was a calculated deal and si far JB is ahead

I think we have different definitions of “long run” because that OEL contract doesn’t look like it’s going to help us an iota in the long run.

1 minute ago, AV. said:

Tell me, when have been I wrong?  Literally everything I say comes to fruition.

Life as AV.  It's great.

As long as you keep ignoring evidence that hurts your ego and preconceived opinions, sure, you're batting 100.

Hope this helps. You're welcome.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, AV. said:

Ok, but OEL and superstar haven't been a thing for like six seasons now.  At 30 years old, he's likely not getting back there.

We'll be fortunate if he performs like an adequate #4.  And even if he does that, we're paying him 7M?

Between him and Myers, we're spending 13M on guys suited towards the lower parts of the D pairings.  Just irresponsible stuff.

I get that. The question was how can OEL be a better mentor to Petey than Edler. My response: He's a swede who knows what it is to be a superstar. He was also captain for a reason while Edler seems a little more, keep-to-himself-ish 

He's better mentor material for Petey than Edler, that's all

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bbllpp said:

You are in denial on what’s coming back.  We likely win this trade in the long run.  You are over valuing a 9OA and this draft was a crap shoot given Covid, we dis not miss out on a need (Clarke/MacTavish) it was a calculated deal and si far JB is ahead

Absolutely!  JB has a great track record bringing on highly paid vets on long term deals.  

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

All Canuck fans who don’t like the trade have to understand this one simple point:

Selecting 9thOA, wasn’t going to ‘make or break’ this team. 

Calm the &^@# down. 

We got rid of some really bad contracts which are worth their weight in cap space and we got a reclamation top line Dman and a solid upcoming top 6 or at worse top 9 forward. 

We’re up, not down. 

Totally agree,with this draft We got a great return for our 9th

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dazzle said:

As long as you keep ignoring evidence that doesn't hurt your ego, sure, you're batting 100.

Lmfao.  A lot of coping (and false accusations) and not one example.

Makes you wonder..

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, AllWeatherFan said:

I get that. The question was how can OEL be a better mentor to Petey than Edler. My response: He's a swede who knows what it is to be a superstar. He was also captain for a reason while Edler seems a little more, keep-to-himself-ish 

He's better mentor material for Petey than Edler, that's all

Even so, we're paying a lot for mentorship, therefore.  Mentorship didn't do anything when we signed Beagle and the Bums to 4x3 contracts.  Not sure what a few seasons from 2012-2015 will do to help Pettersson out.  If you believe that makes a difference, all props to you.  Can't say I agree, however.

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 2

1 minute ago, AV. said:

Lmfao.  A lot of coping (and false accusations) and not one example.

Makes you wonder..

What's the point? You and I both know you'll gloss over the inconvenient examples.

You're welcome.

• Like 2