The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

Now that this trade has been digested for a few hours, who here has changed their mind on whether this was a good or bad trade? 

I personally like it more and more….very excited to see this team play in the new season! 

Yes the cupboard seems bare with our prospects but at least this team has a nice young core. Most of our best players are in their low 20’s. 

We acquired a top 2 D, top 6 winger and dumped 3 garbage contracts to one team!

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Now that this trade has been digested for a few hours, who here has changed their mind on whether this was a good or bad trade? 

I personally like it more and more….very excited to see this team play in the new season! 

Yes the cupboard seems bare with our prospects but at least this team has a nice young core. Most of our best players are in their low 20’s. 

I actually hate it now that time has settled and new info has come out. I am sorry to report, but Garland is shaving his cookie duster. :sadno:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

That's wild.... the dude renounced HIMSELF from the draft. Gross

The kid said he wanted to come back to junior next year and prove himself . Then hope to get drafted next year.  I think he was just fined but was charged. 

He is skilled and big.

Sneaky pick by the Habs.

Edited by appleboy

Just now, grandmaster said:

The problem is our young core doesnt have cup winning potential.  We are still about 6 pieces away.  

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Those guys are there to mentor their young guys just like people were saying for us when we signed them

I think our young guys have done just fine. It looks like the mentoring worked.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

You have such a great outlook on life.  Trolling's the lowest form of decomposing banana.

If you can't find something to do in Van, that's on you not the city.

Woah…did that hit a spot?  Or you got something against bananas or weed…both are legal.  If you can dish it then learn to take it or else ignore it and shut up.

16 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hopefully Benning grabs a mean, ornery defenseman to round out the corps. Folks worried about how the defense will be affected need to remember that Brad Shaw is on the coaching staff now. The systems he’s going to implement will make Vancouver a much better team defensively. 

Bring Guddy back for cheap?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1