The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oliver Ekman-Larsson | #23 | D

-AJ-

On 8/19/2021 at 1:01 PM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Will be tough as he'll be expected to bear the majority of the tough minutes as well as unlike in Arizona, pretty much nobody gave a dog feces how the team did (zero pressure).  It's like the difference in pressure from being the backup goalie vs starting goalie.

OEL did play road games in Vancouver. Hopefully that experience can prepare him for this upcoming season :lol:

• Vintage 1

On 8/19/2021 at 11:41 AM, Maddogy said:

Deep Diving: Can Oliver Ekman-Larsson get back to good?

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/can-oliver-ekman-larsson-get-back-to-good-with-the-canucks-4227667

The best thing to do is to keep your expectations for OEL low. 

You mean so he can blow them out of the water?!!:)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I honestly don't think so! This is why this is reminding me so much of the Ehrhoff trade. His star had faded in san jose and they were a middling team. We trade for him and he just fit in perfectly with our offensive guys as soon as he arrived. Then he left to Buffalo and stunk again. It shows it's about the chemistry and the type of players you surround him with. I think OEL will be that kind of fit for us, and we have him locked up for 6 more years. Maybe the last 2 will be rough but I think he will be worth his cap hit for 4 of those years.

The guys carried Arizona for years and can see how a change of scenery will make a huge difference 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1