The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oliver Ekman-Larsson | #23 | D

-AJ-

21 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He wouldn't need it at all, but OEL is a classy guy and would ask for it anyways.

A bit like asking a father for permission to marry his daughter, even though it isn't strictly required by law or anything.

On a somewhat related topic, nice to see that Sean Penn has a "sense of humor" of sorts:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

He wouldn't need it at all, but OEL is a classy guy and would ask for it anyways.

A bit like asking a father for permission to marry his daughter, even though it isn't strictly required by law or anything.

Yes, and remember Thomas Gradin wore that number for many years as well.  Another respected Swede, still with the organization.  I'm sure OEL asked permission from both of them before he even considered taking #23!;)

On 7/23/2021 at 3:21 PM, Iron Fist said:

For anyone reading this in 2026. Ryan Nugent Hopkins and Zach Hyman just signed 5 million for 8 years and they're around the the same age.  

We paid 2 million a season more on the capto save 2 years of dead cap.

We got best deal so far of the off-season. 

First logical post about this I have bothered to read.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I'm glad bag skates don't determine your ability to play hockey. :lol:

It does indicate either his fitness level, his level of effort, or his skating ability. According to some AZ fans I saw commenting, this is an indicator of his his skating, as he hasn't had the same jump since his knee surgery, and some facets of his game, like his ability to close gaps, have been called into question.

I know we like to look at everything with rose tinted glasses here, but can we not pretend it's a nothingburger that the supposed "number one defenseman" that we're paying 7 mill and change for just embarassed himself?

10 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It does indicate either his fitness level, his level of effort, or his skating ability

Or it could indicate, a bad day at the rink, a poorly sharpened skate, or he just finished doing some other task and didn't get to recover before bag skate time, or maybe despite him being really quick the others were just quicker or,..............

I try not to come to conclusions based on one skate.

It is easier on me, and the team I follow.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

Or it could indicate, a bad day at the rink, a poorly sharpened skate, or he just finished doing some other task and didn't get to recover before bag skate time, or maybe despite him being really quick the others were just quicker or,..............

I try not to come to conclusions based on one skate.

It is easier on me, and the team I follow.

This is the information we have available to us on the player at the moment, and it is concerning, especially considering that his foot speed has been a big issue for him since his knee surgery. Nobody is doing the team of the player any favors by looking for excuses to give the guy a free pass.

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

This is the information we have available to us on the player at the moment, and it is concerning, especially considering that his foot speed has been a big issue for him since his knee surgery. Nobody is doing the team of the player any favors by looking for excuses to give the guy a free pass.

Nobody is doing the team any favours by jumping on a guy this early on.