The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oliver Ekman-Larsson | #23 | D

-AJ-

No we're talking conditioning. Training camps are brief, not liked years ago where players used training camp to get into shape. Not now the NHLPA whittled it down to  couple of days. Conditioning is a long term recovery, the other who didn't look to good was OJ if the reports are true

Edited by Fred65

You guys overthink way too much. Maybe give the guy some games 1st before judging at the very least? (Even then, only a few games is not a lot of time to let him get adjusted to a new team)

Don't get me wrong. I get that you guys are passionate about this team and that's great, but I'm wondering if some of you are just here to be negative about anything and everything.

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, The Lock said:

You guys overthink way too much. Maybe give the guy some games 1st before judging at the very least? (Even then, only a few games is not a lot of time to let him get adjusted to a new team)

Don't get me wrong. I get that you guys are passionate about this team and that's great, but I'm wondering if some of you are just here to be negative about anything and everything.

You think people on this board overthink things? Really? I find that we have the trolls and then there are others who blindly follow whatever the media says. Then you have the minority who are divided into who have been watching for years and those who have played.

Lemmings might be a better word for most on here

Edited by FaninMex
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, FaninMex said:

You think people on this board overthink things? Really? I find that we have the trolls and then there are others who blindly follow whatever the media says. Then you have the minority who are divided into who have been watching for years and those who have played.

Lemmings might be a better word for most on here

I've been on this board long enough to know there are a lot of people who like to "pretend" they are experts or have some crystal ball. I don't think lemmings suits most people here at all. People are way too ([perhaps foolishly) headstrong here for that. Also, it doesn't seem to matter if one has played hockey or not. I've noticed knowledgable people who have never played a game in their life. I've also noticed hockey players who are so set in their ways that they might as well just forget they played hockey in the 1st place.

The ones I respect are the ones who are willing to listen to another's opinion and consider it. Those people are the actual knowledgable people in the end as they're willing to learn, willing to understand, willing to weigh ideas.

• Cheers 4

5 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I know it's only one preseason game, but OEL looked like everything we wanted him to be last night. If he can keep up that level of play for a whole season.....wow.

Yeah, he looked really good. So did Garland. It's early, but I'm gaining confidence we won the trade. At least until the remaining contracts wear on...

2 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Yeah, he looked really good. So did Garland. It's early, but I'm gaining confidence we won the trade. At least until the remaining contracts wear on...

OEL is such a smooth and natural skater.  He glides (seemingly) effortlessly around the ice.  Green is going to play OEL a lot of minutes.  

• Vintage 1

On 9/23/2021 at 12:33 PM, AV. said:

Yep yep yep.

As it was said back in July, he just isn't the same player anymore.  Not a fault of his own necessarily, but just how it goes.

We're fortunate this is pre-season and early days, at that.

Must have been a depressing pre-season game for you, given his 2 points.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1

2 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Hughes - who needs him? Lol Am I right or am I right? You know what I mean?

We do. As decent as he looked, it's a small sample size. He will likely never be the player he was earlier in his career, and although he should be able to generate some scoring and playmaking from the blueline, I view his contributions more as a supplement rather than points and dynamism we can rely on every single game like we expect from Hughes.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1