The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van - Wpg

With all the hoopla of Van trading away the 9th pick I thought I'd see what people thought of this as a way to to get back in the 1st round.

To Wpg: Nate Schmidt + 2021 5th round pick (we have 2)

To Van: 2021 1st round pick (17th overall)

Why Winnipeg does this: GM Chevy has never been shy about trading his 1st's for a good roster player and Schmidt fills a big hole on their D roster at a decent cap hit and he has term left which is something Chevy covets in his acquired players. I added the 5th because a straight up swap just didn't seem plausible lol

Why Van does this: Pretty self explanatory, get back in the 1st round and be in a position to grab someone like Ceulemans or Lambos.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

With all the hoopla of Van trading away the 9th pick I thought I'd see what people thought of this as a way to to get back in the 1st round.

Why Winnipeg does this: GM Chevy has never been shy about trading his 1st's for a good roster player and Schmidt fills a big hole on their D roster at a decent cap hit and he has term left which is something Chevy covets in his acquired players. I added the 5th because a straight up swap just didn't seem plausible lol

Why Van does this: Pretty self explanatory, get back in the 1st round and be in a position to grab someone like Ceulemans or Lambos.

Could work. I'm not sure that we would need to include the 5th though. Schmidt is a proven top 4, those have pretty good value, as we've seen today.

6 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Could work. I'm not sure that we would need to include the 5th though. Schmidt is a proven top 4, those have pretty good value, as we've seen today.

But this way people could hate the trade because of "the typical JB draft pick throw in"

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Pretty good thought.   

If Schmidt + 5th gets one 17OA, I wonder what Schmidt + 2nd gets?