The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Conor Garland | #8 | RW/LW

-AJ-

Garland is tough as hell. I remember him for scoring this goal with his face:

I've been a big Garland fan for awhile now and I'm stoked he's on the team. He's going to become a fan favorite and I can't wait to see him on Horvat's wing.

• Like 3

Since this the CG thread some of you might be interested in this article which outlines a very detailed analysis of his current contract situation and the financial implications moving forward:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fiveforhowling.com/platform/amp/2021/1/26/22243483/what-will-conor-garlands-next-arizona-coyotes-contract-look-like

It suggests 4.5-5.5mil per season on a long term extension if you don't want to read the entire article. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Since this the CG thread some of you might be interested in this article which outlines a very detailed analysis of his current contract situation and the financial implications moving forward:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fiveforhowling.com/platform/amp/2021/1/26/22243483/what-will-conor-garlands-next-arizona-coyotes-contract-look-like

It suggests 4.5-5.5mil per season on a long term extension if you don't want to read the entire article. 

I'm hoping they are able to match him with a Pearson-esque contract 3 x $3.25m.

3 hours ago, sonoman said:

Our new”Ronning” ?

I like the comparison, I hope that's the case.  I liked Ronning.  We just need two new twin towers out there to protect our skill guys.  I hope Benning isn't forgetting about that part of the equation.  Yes, we need the skill guys but we also need some muscle out there come playoffs.  Heck, we even get pushed around in the regular season and frankly I've had enough of that.  I think the trade looks good for us in general, I just want to see how it plays out on the ice before I make any definitive stand.  Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HomeBrew said:

I'm hoping they are able to match him with a Pearson-esque contract 3 x $3.25m.

I think he deserves/will get more than that.

If we can sign him for 4-4.5 for 4- 5 years that's a good deal for both the team and the player.

• Upvote 1

I liked him last year and even tried to work him into OEL trade proposals at that time, but I just watched his highlights from this season and he looks like he's an even better player now.

High hockey IQ, shifty, sneaky shot, good passer, great stickwork to get in lanes. This is a good player.

But did anybody notice in his interview with media he said he was 5'7?

• Cheers 1

OMG, Garland great top 6 forward, just want Vancouver needs...Gp 49 --39 Pts  - 18 mins

Bo gets a very talented winger..So excited Garland will put up points.. GP 72 - G 24 -30 -- PTS 63-68

Larson 30, July 17, 6'2, 205.. will have bounce back will be solid #2,  PP--PK -- 21--23 mins-TOI -- 7.25 million with retain cap hit from Arizona.