The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Conor Garland | #8 | RW/LW

-AJ-

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

OMG, Garland great top 6 forward, just want Vancouver needs...Gp 49 --39 Pts  - 18 mins

Bo gets a very talented winger..So excited Garland will put up points.. GP 72 - G 24 -30 -- PTS 63-68

Larson 30, July 17, 6'2, 205.. will have bounce back will be solid #2,  PP--PK -- 21--23 mins-TOI -- 7.25 million with retain cap hit from Arizona.

Just what Vancouver need #83 will have fans excited.....Only 25 .....

Scmidt trade will free up cap to sign Hamonic and add 2nd round pick next year..

Holtby trade will happen...

Buy outs Sunday... Virtanen

3 hours ago, FlyLow_ said:

Big fan of this guy. Creativity, equally good at playmaking and scoring, dog on a bone type of player. Might finally have the puck distributor Bo's line has desperately needed.

In my opinion, Bo is a first line player on most teams missing the talent of a center like Pettersson. Assuming Pearson is played on the 2nd and returns to form, we effectively have a 1a and 1b line. Not unlike what we had with the full compliment of Boeser and Toffoli, but now we have a much better bottom 6.

19 minutes ago, kloubek said:

In my opinion, Bo is a first line player on most teams missing the talent of a center like Pettersson. Assuming Pearson is played on the 2nd and returns to form, we effectively have a 1a and 1b line. Not unlike what we had with the full compliment of Boeser and Toffoli, but now we have a much better bottom 6.

I'd say Bo is probably a 1st line centre on teams that lack good centre depth, but on most teams, I think he slots in better as a #2 probably. Still a very good 2nd line centre though--better than most. I'm wondering if we can have a line of Hoglander-Horvat-Garland and move Pearson down to the 3rd line. I'm not certain Pearson will bounce back and his offense is still acceptable for 3rd line levels.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Some of Garland's goals would be deemed illegal in 23 states.

This kid is a beauty.  He has a one-timer similar to Boeser.  We are going to have 2 1st unit power plays next year.

Garland is now my second favourite player on the Canucks...  after me of course...  :)

He definitely has some of your moves !!   

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I'm not certain Pearson will bounce back and his offense is still acceptable for 3rd line levels.

See, I'm on the optimistic side of that coin - despite the odds against me. I'd argue that last season was a trainwreck for many of our players- Pearson included. I would say it's a perfect opportunity for a bounceback - especially considering the year prior was his best career season by quite a bit if you look at ppg as well as the general eye test.

Not sure I think he will ever have a better year, but I think there's a lot of good hockey still in him. I think he also needs good chemistry, and Bo provides that. I think it'd be a shame to break the two up prematurely - though it's ultimately inevitable.

Then it allows Hoglander to start on the 3rd. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE this kid, and feel he will solidify his spot in the top 6 soon enough. But for now, he and Podz can tear it up as a legitimate 3rd line threat. Hopefully they gel with Dickinson, and if so, I believe they will elevate his game as well.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Man after watching those highlights I'm thinking.

Miller - Petey - Garland

Hog - Horvat - Boeser

Boeser would feast when other teams have to chose to shutdown Petey.

That's not a bad idea. 

Once Petey puts on more muscle and carry his line, that would look amazing actually

• Cheers 1

Im excited, the more you watch him the more you like this Kid. Great pickup and hes a good friend of Rathbone.

i was first very shocked at this trade but im realizing this is actually pretty good.

theres good times ahead

Go Canucks Go

On 7/24/2021 at 4:53 PM, -AJ- said:

I'd say Bo is probably a 1st line centre on teams that lack good centre depth, but on most teams, I think he slots in better as a #2 probably. Still a very good 2nd line centre though--better than most. I'm wondering if we can have a line of Hoglander-Horvat-Garland and move Pearson down to the 3rd line. I'm not certain Pearson will bounce back and his offense is still acceptable for 3rd line levels.

I'd agree with this, he has very limited ability to distribute the puck which is pretty much a requirement for a first line centre. I'd say with the right playmaker on his wing his line could be a very good 1B line, but right now he's very much a #2 centre.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Im excited, the more you watch him the more you like this Kid. Great pickup and hes a good friend of Rathbone.

i was first very shocked at this trade but im realizing this is actually pretty good.

theres good times ahead

Go Canucks Go

Conor Garland is also familiar with Zack MacEwen as they both played on the Moncton Wildcats in 14/15 and 15/16.

• Cheers 1

Garland is a pretty good pickup. Pass first guy with finish and a big engine for a smaller guy. 

People will like him and he will fit in with our top 6. 

Top 9 has definitely improved. Could use another solid C for the 3rd line. Dickinson has played everywhere last 2 years but mostly wing and hasn’t been great on the draws or taken as many.