The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jalen Chatfield to hit free agency

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Not gonna lie, I don't really care for a lot of our young d prospects. There's Woo then nada

Canucks have beem terrible for years at drafting and developing D. Horrendous. So I can't blame you. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

If we are losing Chatfield... I dont get why we didn't play Juolevi more and gave Chatfield all that icetime last season... I mean Juolevi was sitting on the bench many games while Chatfield played in what was obvious a lost season. This lack of planning is meh. 

1 hour ago, Drakrami said:

If we are losing Chatfield... I dont get why we didn't play Juolevi more and gave Chatfield all that icetime last season... I mean Juolevi was sitting on the bench many games while Chatfield played in what was obvious a lost season. This lack of planning is meh. 

Ask Green

7 hours ago, Coconuts said:

He's replaceable depth. He gave his all when he got in, looked good at times, but ultimately was in over his head during a disaster of a season.

Wish him the best going forward, seems like a solid enough guy.

I want Luke Schenn back in a Canucks uni. Physical, safe enough player and most of all, CHEAP!

I am not disrespecting Chatfield or diminishing his achievements as any games in the NHL is pretty special, but the Canucks really need to focus on difference makers. If a player is not a difference maker on the ice then its time to move on. They cannot throw contracts to place holders anymore, the core is constructed and now its time for difference makers and unfortunately Chatfield is not one of those. Rathbone on the other hand has this up coming season to see if he is a difference maker ( he looked good in the small sample size last year)

In saying that, its time to move on from Chatfield