The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jalen Chatfield to hit free agency

7 hours ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

I am not disrespecting Chatfield or diminishing his achievements as any games in the NHL is pretty special, but the Canucks really need to focus on difference makers. If a player is not a difference maker on the ice then its time to move on. They cannot throw contracts to place holders anymore, the core is constructed and now its time for difference makers and unfortunately Chatfield is not one of those. Rathbone on the other hand has this up coming season to see if he is a difference maker ( he looked good in the small sample size last year)

In saying that, its time to move on from Chatfield

We are still about 5 or 6 pieces away from a core that can contend.

But i agree with everything else.

Edited by EddieVedder

On 7/23/2021 at 7:44 PM, rekker said:

Canucks have beem terrible for years at drafting and developing D. Horrendous. So I can't blame you. 

I know right! It's actually rather odd. And all these college free agents everyone chases are way over rated. 

• Cheers 1

Chatfield was a human turnstile. His nickname should have been "The Baker" because he was always making turnovers.

Had interesting speed and a little sandpaper to his game but looked out of his element in the NHL. I would have preferred we gave OJ the ice time and let him learn through his mistakes but I'm not the coach.

Another guy that Rathbone has passed on the depth chart.