joulevi 900 k Myers 6.0 

rath 900 k

total=28.8

goalies

demko 5.0

rittich 2.5

total 7.5

total cap 79 mil

I could be on board with Wennberg, but I think Dickinson is fine there.

To me, its really your D I don't like. You slotted in ok, bigger guys, but I really think we are better off with Schmidt than your selections and there is still no true, #1 shutdown guy to be found.

33 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Trade 1 

Nate Schmidt to montreal for 2021 2nd Jake evans 

resign hamonic 

2x3.5

garland

4x4.25

hughes

4x6.5

petterson

3x7

Dickson

3x2.5

evans

2x1.5

buyout 

jake virtanen 

Braden holtby 

signings

Cody Ceci 

3x4.0

Alex wenberg

3x3.75

david rittich

2x2.5

Lineup

jt Miller 5.2 Peterrson 7 boeser 5.8

garland 4.25 horvat 5.5 Hoglander 900 k

Pearson 3.3 Wenberg 3.75 Podz 900 k

motte 1.2 Dickson 2.5 evans 1.5

macewen 900

Total=43 mil

defense 

ek 7 mil Ceci 4.0

Hughes 6.5 Hamonic 3.5

joulevi 900 k Myers 6.0 

rath 900 k

total=28.8

goalies

demko 5.0

rittich 2.5

total 7.5

total cap 79 mil

Ceci on a top RD pairing would stink to the high heavens.....or smell worse than Farhan Lalji’s underpants.  Whatever you slice it, the Canucks are definitely going to need a strong top pairing “defensive defenseman” RD.

My guess is that the Canucks do the following:

1) Move Holtby for a cheaper back-up 

2) Buy-out Virtanen

3) Walk from Hamonic

4) I also wonder if the Canucks will try and find a “new” Travis Hamonic in this off-season (ie a defenseman willing to sign a one year “salvage my career” deal for dirt cheap.  The guy I have in mind for the task is Sami Vatanen.  Play Vatanen with Hughes on the 2nd pairing.

5) Schmidt + 2nd rounder for [TopPairingRD], or Schmidt straight up for said piece.  Rasmus Andersson is someone that I had in mind but I’m not sure if Calgary accepts that. 
6) Trade Rathbone for an equally promising prospect on RD.  I know fans will dislike this idea, but the presence of both OEL and Hughes will likely signal limited future opportunities for Rathbone.  Trade him for his RD equivalent, or Atleast see what offers would come out way.  If the deal isn’t there however, don’t force it.

Holtby and Schmidt for Carlo and Debrusk probably elicits roaring laughter from Boston before they fart in the receiver and hang up on us.  

But getting back to my main point, the Canucks still need a top pairing RD “defensive defenseman” if they are serious about moving forward this coming season:

Miller-Pettersson-Garland

Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser

Pearson-Dickinson-Podkolzin

Motte-Boyd-Highmore

OEL-[Schmidt+2nd=RHD?]
Hughes-Vatanen (the “Hamonic” deal)

Juolevi-Myers

Demko

[CheaperBackUp]

10 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal is set on the left side with Edmundson, Chairot and Romanov. They need a right shot PMD. No interest in Schmidt from Montreal 

Schmidt plays the right side and is better than all three of Edmundsson, Chiarot and Romanov. 

It does make sense and the rumors are out there for a reason. 

I would take Montreals 3rd 21 and 2nd 22. I think both teams would be happy with that. Schmidt is a great fit in Montreal. 

5 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

Schmidt plays the right side and is better than all three of Edmundsson, Chiarot and Romanov. 

It does make sense and the rumors are out there for a reason. 

I would take Montreals 3rd 21 and 2nd 22. I think both teams would be happy with that. Schmidt is a great fit in Montreal. 

Disagree.

schmiidt is a left shot. Bergevin doesn’t like having guys in their off side. 

also. It’s an Eklund rumour,which about guarantees  it won’t happen 

edit 

oh look. Montreal used both their 2nds

Edited by qwijibo

On 7/23/2021 at 10:29 PM, Patel Bure said:

Ceci on a top RD pairing would stink to the high heavens.....or smell worse than Farhan Lalji’s underpants.  Whatever you slice it, the Canucks are definitely going to need a strong top pairing “defensive defenseman” RD.

My guess is that the Canucks do the following:

1) Move Holtby for a cheaper back-up 

2) Buy-out Virtanen

3) Walk from Hamonic

4) I also wonder if the Canucks will try and find a “new” Travis Hamonic in this off-season (ie a defenseman willing to sign a one year “salvage my career” deal for dirt cheap.  The guy I have in mind for the task is Sami Vatanen.  Play Vatanen with Hughes on the 2nd pairing.

5) Schmidt + 2nd rounder for [TopPairingRD], or Schmidt straight up for said piece.  Rasmus Andersson is someone that I had in mind but I’m not sure if Calgary accepts that. 
6) Trade Rathbone for an equally promising prospect on RD.  I know fans will dislike this idea, but the presence of both OEL and Hughes will likely signal limited future opportunities for Rathbone.  Trade him for his RD equivalent, or Atleast see what offers would come out way.  If the deal isn’t there however, don’t force it.

Holtby and Schmidt for Carlo and Debrusk probably elicits roaring laughter from Boston before they fart in the receiver and hang up on us.  

But getting back to my main point, the Canucks still need a top pairing RD “defensive defenseman” if they are serious about moving forward this coming season:

Miller-Pettersson-Garland

Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser

Pearson-Dickinson-Podkolzin

Motte-Boyd-Highmore

OEL-[Schmidt+2nd=RHD?]
Hughes-Vatanen (the “Hamonic” deal)

Juolevi-Myers

Demko

[CheaperBackUp]

QHs and Vantanen would get killed together.   Two pint sized PMDs.   Rather we keep Hamonic.    Ceci is fine as a third pairing D ... Schmidt should be ok you'd hope but he worries me too.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, IBatch said:

He was pretty decent at times in before they imploded in OTT and last year too... 

I lived in Ottawa until recently and saw him a lot.  While it didn't help that he was making 4.5 mil or whatever it was, he was below replacement level bad for very long stretches.