The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

21 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

There are exactly three things that I want to happen at the NHL draft:

1. Trade Miller and 15 to get into the top 4 and draft Nemec or Jiricek

2. Trade into the early 2nd (Maybe this years 3rd and next years 2nd) to grab Elias Solomonsson (high risk/high reward) to secure RD organizational depth.

3. For NJ to draft Jack Hughes to find out what league policy is on the name on jersey situation that creates.

From my understanding they may not be able to trade Miller until after the draft because they cannot start the resigning process until something like July 15th. I think it make be a high end prospect, a 2023 1st, and a roster player. 

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

From my understanding they may not be able to trade Miller until after the draft because they cannot start the resigning process until something like July 15th. I think it make be a high end prospect, a 2023 1st, and a roster player. 

That could definitely be a key element why it's gone quiet.  If only we had a thread to talk about Miller still…..  that is some major contrast but my Polarized sunglasses helped.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zfetch said:

Fellas, the answer is obvious.

ep_8_mateychuk,_denton_(47)_2018-06-08.j

Denton Mateychuk

It's a sign!

Interesting: Mateychuk and Pickering are cousins

Mateychuk could end up being the best out of Korchinski, Mintyukov and Pickering

4 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

discussions 'over coffee' are always had....easy ways around that

Who's going to take Miroshnichenko?  MTL at #26?  Some team could really benefit, if they have the patience knowing Miro's development will be delayed a year or two. There seems to be quite a few really good players all huddled between around #12 and #35, where it's a toss up IMO. Would be great if Allvin could get another 1st or a 2nd. 

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Who's going to take Miroshnichenko?  MTL at #26?  Some team could really benefit, if they have the patience knowing Miro's development will be delayed a year or two. There seems to be quite a few really good players all huddled between around #12 and #35, where it's a toss up IMO. Would be great if Allvin could get another 1st or a 2nd. 

I hope its us personally. If we don't move up, he's the most talented player available at 15 for certain. We just have to wait but we will have to wait regardless for whomever we pick. And in fact, in 2-3 years as Petey, Quinn, the core starts challenging, you want some young offense on ELC's to come in and add scoring depth for cheap. It allow us to go get UFA vets (like a vet RD at that time) to round out the team.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I could see Yzerman doing Yzerman and picking Kasper at 8th - and look very smart in doing so. He already drafted Seider out of Rogle. Both players bleed character, have a mature understanding of how to play a two-way game, and take pride in playing hard hockey. The Wings can use another centre in their pipeline too. A team's 1st pick doesn't necessarily have to be the best on paper, but rather, they fit the team's system and embody their culture. 

He has Veleno but hey wouldn't shock me. I'm sure he will big brain something.

21 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

This is incorrect. They can trade Miller whenever. He’s still under contract. If your implying that they can’t renegotiate  an extension until July 15th I thought it was July 1st but I could be wrong. Either way they will have baseline talks with his agent and talk ballpark figures. 

All the interviews ive heard make it seem as if Miller is going to be traded unless Rutherford is just putting that out there to put the pressure on Millers agent. 

Carolina Seems like a team that could use him based on how there season ended. 

• Like 1

How they're ranked - Top 15 - read 'em and weep

1. Wright

2. Cooley

3. Slafkovsky

4. Nemec

5. Savoie

6. Kemell

7. Jiricek

8. Yurov

9. Lambert

10. Nazar

11. Lekkerimaki

12. Gauthier

13. Mintyukov

14. Miroshnichenko

15. Geekie

Honourable mentions:  Mateychuk, Kasper, Korchinski, McGroarty, Kulich, Pickering

So many good choices, Canucks need to try and get another 1st or high 2nd

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

This is incorrect. They can trade Miller whenever. He’s still under contract. If your implying that they can’t renegotiate  an extension until July 15th I thought it was July 1st but I could be wrong. Either way they will have baseline talks with his agent and talk ballpark figures. 

All the interviews Ive heard make it seem as if Miller is going to be traded unless Rutherford is just putting that out there to put the pressure on Millers agent. 

Carolina Seems like a team that could use him based on how there season ended. 

Teams might want reassurance that he will resign with them at a certain dollar amount, which could result in him getting traded just after the draft. I wouldnt mind too much 2023 is suppose to be a really good draft year. Depends how much JT Miller is involved in the process if he gets traded. 

Edited by Bure_Pavel
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Teams might want reassurance that he will resign with them at a certain dollar amount, which could result in him getting traded just after the draft. I wouldnt mind too much 2023 is suppose to be a really good draft year. Depends how much JT Miller is involved in the process if he gets traded. 

An acquiring team can flip him at the deadline for close to what they spent to acquire him. That being said there’s always these conversations with the player prior to pulling the trigger on the trade

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

How they're ranked - Top 15 - read 'em and weep

1. Wright

2. Cooley

3. Slafkovsky

4. Nemec

5. Savoie

6. Kemell

7. Jiricek

8. Yurov

9. Lambert

10. Nazar

11. Lekkerimaki

12. Gauthier

13. Mintyukov

14. Miroshnichenko

15. Geekie

Honourable mentions:  Mateychuk, Kasper, Korchinski, McGroarty, Kulich, Pickering

So many good choices, Canucks need to try and get another 1st or high 2nd

From this list I would say Nazar and Miroshnichenko are ranked higher then where they will be drafted. I’m personally hoping for Lekkerimaki, but I’ll settle for any defenceman 

16 hours ago, NucknAsia said:

I hope its us personally. If we don't move up, he's the most talented player available at 15 for certain. We just have to wait but we will have to wait regardless for whomever we pick. And in fact, in 2-3 years as Petey, Quinn, the core starts challenging, you want some young offense on ELC's to come in and add scoring depth for cheap. It allow us to go get UFA vets (like a vet RD at that time) to round out the team.

Me too.  He was easily the 2nd best player on Russia at last year's U18 behind Michkov.  He's a top 5 pick talent-wise, similar to Podz.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

For the Canucks yeah pretty easy, but JT Miller having coffee with 4 other NHL teams GM's might draw suspicion from the league. 

JT Miller's AGENT having coffee with GM's would not be out of the ordinary, that's how its done.... Agent's have multiple players under contract, no one knows what they are discussing.

Moreover, I don't think people have spies watching them...

Edited by NucknAsia

16 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

An acquiring team can flip him at the deadline for close to what they spent to acquire him. That being said there’s always these conversations with the player prior to pulling the trigger on the trade

Why would a team acquire him just to trade at the deadline though? That being said I dont think Miller would be against resigning with a contender long term. If he provides a list of teams he would be interested in resigning with at a certain dollar range I think they could pull the trigger at the draft. 

8 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

JT Miller's agent having coffee with GM's would not be, that's how its done.... Agent's have multiple players under contract, no one knows what they are discussing.

Moreover, I don't think people have spies watching them...

Bettman be like, just waiting for the Canucks to slip up

Spy Kids Reaction GIF

• Haha 2