The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIGNING] Cale Makar signs 6 year contract

5 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Yea people writing off Kole Lind is ridiculous. That's a #33 pick and 4 years of development right there. It's a loss. The kid has made strides in the AHL and was pushing for a NHL job and can pan out. Not like we protected someone we shouldn't have though. So even though the loss is painful, it is what it is. 

Cole Lind requires waivers to get sent to the minors.  He’s not going to clear.  Lind isn’t on the Krackheads for very long.  

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Yea people writing off Kole Lind is ridiculous. That's a #33 pick and 4 years of development right there. It's a loss. The kid has made strides in the AHL and was pushing for a NHL job and can pan out. Not like we protected someone we shouldn't have though. So even though the loss is painful, it is what it is. 

I like the pick and am sad to see him go, but who was he pushing out of the lineup?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Cole Lind requires waivers to get sent to the minors.  He’s not going to clear.  Lind isn’t on the Krackheads for very long.  

who knows, maybe we grab him back off waivers, we are 8th on the list in priority. 

• 6 months later...

wow... what looked like an outrageous contract is looking more like a steal. Makar is on pace for 93 points and 39 goals, ridiculous for a defenseman.... Either Sakic is lucky or have very good eyes for talent. Him and Yzerman are not only legendary players but quickly becoming legendary GMs. 

5 hours ago, Drakrami said:

wow... what looked like an outrageous contract is looking more like a steal. Makar is on pace for 93 points and 39 goals, ridiculous for a defenseman.... Either Sakic is lucky or have very good eyes for talent. Him and Yzerman are not only legendary players but quickly becoming legendary GMs. 

And both from BC. 

I hope one day they come back to BC to GM this team. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Dude we need to keep the Sakic-to-Vancouver dreams alive, how dare you

I would hold our more hope for Neidermeyer at least he still lives in BC. I don't think Sakic does, not sure. I was at a Cranbrook Bucks BCJH league game when his son's team came to play. The Neidermeyer's had a booth. I think they own part of the Bucks.