The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

24 minutes ago, Provost said:

I did not…. My post said nothing of the sort and literally said it was the type of pick you make in this round.

Odd that statements of fact are responded to with random negative judgements… or are you just an angry old man shaking your fist at everything?

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

I actually agree with you on this. The response to your original comment appeared to be heavy handed and inappropriate.

Ok so definately not the guy I would have picked. 

But how could anyone evaluate this kid on 5 games. I really liked his game at the u18 I'm happy to welcome him to the system. Sky's the limit great shot plays with gusto brings size and tenacity. what's not to like.

Passing on Heimosalmi is pretty hard to swallow right now though.

Edited by hammertime
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

Do you have a source to support your allegation of character issues? I'm not seeing anything  like that. Throwing out that kind of accusation without a source is a pretty terrible look.

I’ve never seen a custodian without a terrible look… go figure

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I realllllly LOVE this pick !! 

Klimovich was highly noticeable in the U18's as the driving of a dark horse team. He has Hoglander++ kinda upside for a pick in this range. Big, Mean, Smart, wicked goal scorer - Ovie lite comparisons are a thing.

I feel if we had more picks we would probably have made a different one. Was surprised we didn't take Stankoven or Raty, but I guess the size and game fit for us of Stank, and the persistent concerns about personality and attitude on Raty put them off. 

The Virtanen comparison is a complete miss-representation. The problem with Klimovich is his temper, he plays with a ton of fire and needs to temper some of that. Still way less than L'Hereux in my opinon who was taken in the first round. Watch his positioning on the ice and tell me he is a dummy, Kid has great smarts, and while not as fast as Jake he has better hands and is no slouch himself.  There's always some hate when you don't take the well known Canadian kid. 

Great to see the tweet from his agent - the kid still looks like he is very raw - If we can control and assist his development he could be an impact player in 2 years of less I think. 

I like where your head is at!

Get him to the CHL ASAP.  No more KHL bs with contracts and no playing time for kids.  The quicker he learns the NA ways the better.  One full year in Noranda being the #1 sniper then 2 years in Abby, then see from there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Fanuck said:

Get him to the CHL ASAP.  No more KHL bs with contracts and no playing time for kids.  The quicker he learns the NA ways the better.  One full year in Noranda being the #1 sniper then 2 years in Abby, then see from there.

If he goes to the Q, he's not in Abby until he's 20.

Detailed scouting report. Relentless motor, good hands, and it seems like skating is mostly mechanical issues that can be fixed. Once he works with a skating coach, he’ll be closer to Podkolzin than Virtanen IMO. Imagine if Virtanen had the work ethics to forecheck and backcheck in losing games… 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I'm guessing you learned all this straight from Google university. Pretty sure you have no clue as to what life is like for the average citizen of Belarus. I am not a fan of their leader but it is wrong to label the populace as being just like him.

Your leader says a lot about your population usually

• RoughGame 4