The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

21 hours ago, Alflives said:

I’m wondering if, because Danila is so young (18) the Canucks find a billet family for him?  In the Q he’d for sure have one, so maybe we should do that if he’s in Abbotsford?  

Paging The Hockey Guy! 

Or the Fan2Abby from Twitter! 

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Paging The Hockey Guy! 

Or the Fan2Abby from Twitter! 

I thought The Hockey Guy was in Coquitlam ... his meet 'n greet road hockey evenings are there, no?

Not sure how Klimovich could handle 4 cats, though 

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

I thought The Hockey Guy was in Coquitlam ... his meet 'n greet road hockey evenings are there, no?

Not sure how Klimovich could handle 4 cats, though 

I think he's in Abby but just organizes the meet 'n' greet at the Hickey Courts in Coquitlam.  Funny because I spent most of my high school years playing pickup basketball and tennis there.  

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

Going to Abby doesnt mean throw him in and let him sink or swim.  It means practice time with the team, individual instruction from development coaches, nutritional and workout regimens from doctors and fitness experts and it means sheltered game time.  

To me, it's a no brainer having full control over his development.  They should be doing this as often as they can, imo 

Practice time with pros and all that is great, but he needs to play hockey. Not gonna get to do much of that in AHL.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HighOnHockey said:

Practice time with pros and all that is great, but he needs to play hockey. Not gonna get to do much of that in AHL.

Why not?  If he plays half the games, that's pretty valuable.  In the mean time, he trains with the organizations development coaches, works with fitness experts and dieticians which is more valuable.  He spends a year learning how to be a professional at 18 and ready for the NHL at 20-21, rather than starting that journey at 20-21.

Game play is not more valuable than practice/development time. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Why not?  If he plays half the games, that's pretty valuable.  In the mean time, he trains with the organizations development coaches, works with fitness experts and dieticians which is more valuable.  He spends a year learning how to be a professional at 18 and ready for the NHL at 20-21, rather than starting that journey at 20-21.

Oh I see. You're just plain trolling. I was ready to debate, but with this comment, never mind.

• RoughGame 1

Just now, HighOnHockey said:

Oh I see. You're just plain trolling. I was ready to debate, but with this comment, never mind.

How is that trolling?  That's how I'd approach it if I were JB.

Why so insecure?

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

Exactly.  He'll get to sit down in pratice breaks with the Sedins, and ask 1001 questions .... he'll work with Higgy on the finer points of shot blocking and PK ... he'll observe firsthand how Gadjovich uses his body to screen and tip in, how Bailey uses his speed to advantage, how Focht can be an irritating pest without crossing the line.

Doubtful he'd get that education in the Q

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Exactly.  He'll get to sit down in pratice breaks with the Sedins, and ask 1001 questions .... he'll work with Higgy on the finer points of shot blocking and PK ... he'll observe firsthand how Gadjovich uses his body to screen and tip in, how Bailey uses his speed to advantage, how Focht can be an irritating pest without crossing the line.

He will also learn about the commitment, discipline and passion it takes to become a pro; as well as becoming the best player he can be.  I don't think that is something they teach at the Jr level.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Googlie said:

They will have near zero say in his development and deployment inthe Q and absolutely zero in the K

1 minute ago, stawns said:

They will have near zero say in his development and deployment inthe Q and absolutely zero in the K

I wouldn't say zero for the K, if Minsk.  Their coach is Canadian (was assistant to WD in the last Olympics) and at least someone that JB could have a conversation with about Klim's development and deployment (not that Woodcroft would necessarily agree and comply, but at least better than Podz situation was)

6 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

Come on dude. Step your game up. At least AlfLives makes me laugh with his trolling. You are not amusing at all.

I am confused why you think @stawns is trolling.  This is a legitimate discussion topic - would Klim's development be better served in the Q or the AHL?

(Unless my understanding of trolling differs from yours, ofc)

Just now, Googlie said:

I am confused why you think @stawns is trolling.  This is a legitimate discussion topic - would Klim's development be better served in the Q or the AHL?

This is what good trolls do though. They take a legitimate position so it sounds reasonable at first glance, but then push it to ridiculous lengths. Look at what he juts did to you. He got you arguing that the Canucks would have less than zero say in the kid's development. don't get me wrong, I think you're right and it is a solid point, but it's pretty irrelevant. The more relevant point would have been how much say the Canucks will have in the Q, which is a lot more than near-zero. But the kicker is that little "why so insecure" comment. The whole point is to try to get under people's skin.

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 2

13 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I just dissed "the hockey guy" a couple of posts above.  Perhaps he is "the hockey guy" and is upset

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I just dissed "the hockey guy" a couple of posts above.  Perhaps he is "the hockey guy" and is upset

I actually like The Hockey Guy - am one of his Patreons.  I find his channel so useful when I am overses and can't get regular updates on games (ofc hasn't happened for almost 2 years now, with Covid restrictions)

Cant stand  legorocks - that background of NHL20 playing is so distracting

Top Shelf Hockey guy talks so fast it's hard to follow

Edited by Googlie