The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

56 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm not discounting the value of games and putting the skills you develop into practice.  I'm saying that for an 18 year old kid, coming to NA, more practice/development/workout time in Abby is far better for him than playing a game heavy schedule in the Q.  

Don't get me started on the K, where they'll have almost no control of his development at all

I can understand your viewpoint there. I think it will be an agree to disagree scenario, as I feel getting practice, but also the opportunity to put that practice into game action, and especially as a top line forward in the Q, is more valuable than extra practice time but half the games in the AHL as you suggest, and in what is more likely a bottom 6 role. And honestly, as I have provided the prior insight into DK's game along with the VYSSHAYA league, I'm pretty firm in that belief.

Every player is different though, so who knows at this point. I will say that my position is based on him being able to play one year in the QMJHL, and then moving onto the AHL, which is something we still haven't quite sorted out. So my position could change depending on the true understanding of that.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Sp3nny said:

I can understand your viewpoint there. I think it will be an agree to disagree scenario, as I feel getting practice, but also the opportunity to put that practice into game action, and especially as a top line forward in the Q, is more valuable than extra practice time but half the games in the AHL as you suggest, and in what is more likely a bottom 6 role. And honestly, as I have provided the prior insight into DK's game along with the VYSSHAYA league, I'm pretty firm in that belief.

Every player is different though, so who knows at this point. I will say that my position is based on him being able to play one year in the QMJHL, and then moving onto the AHL, which is something we still haven't quite sorted out. So my position could change depending on the true understanding of that.

If Klimovich goes to the Q he’s going to score almost at will, and likely put up crazy numbers.  I can see him 60+ goals.  He’s just way to good for playing against boys in the CHL.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

If Klimovich goes to the Q he’s going to score almost at will, and likely put up crazy numbers.  I can see him 60+ goals.  He’s just way to good for playing against boys in the CHL.  

Alf, please view my prior posts about the VSS  and respond accordingly. The Q likely means competition that is 2" and 30lbs heavier than what has faced so far. He really didnt even dominate his own league considering he was outscored by MULTIPLE players under 5'8 and 140lbs.

Mantha scored back to back 50+ goal seasons in the Q as a bigger player. I don't see him being harmed or retarded in his development for that. In fact, he then spent 2 years in the AHL after refining his game. Exact same thing with Garland, who "dominated" the QMJHL and then spent two years in the AHL. If you truly think he will dominate because of something tangible, please provide the evidence. Otherwise, your words are essentially baseless.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Sp3nny said:

Alf, please view my prior posts about the VSS  and respond accordingly. The Q likely means competition that is 2" and 30lbs heavier than what has faced so far. He really didnt even dominate his own league considering he was outscored by MULTIPLE players under 5'8 and 140lbs.

Mantha scored back to back 50+ goal seasons in the Q as a bigger player. I don't see him being harmed or retarded in his development for that. In fact, he then spent 2 years in the AHL after refining his game. Exact same thing with Garland, who "dominated" the QMJHL and then spent two years in the AHL. If you truly think he will dominate because of something tangible, please provide the evidence. Otherwise, your words are essentially baseless.

Klimovich put up a goal a game against the best U18s on the planet.  Watching a guy if his size move as fast as he does, while showing elite puck skills and it’s blatantly obvious he’s too good for the Q.  But if we send him there it will be fun to seem him dominate.  Klimovich will prove he’s better than Geunther.  I see a lot of Pastrnak in Klimovich.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Klimovich put up a goal a game against the best U18s on the planet.  Watching a guy if his size move as fast as he does, while showing elite puck skills and it’s blatantly obvious he’s too good for the Q.  But if we send him there it will be fun to seem him dominate.  Klimovich will prove he’s better than Geunther.  I see a lot of Pastrnak in Klimovich.  

So 6 PPG, 5 of which were against weaker teams in Latvia and Switzerland, and 3 of which were tap ins at the side of the net ALA Sedins with Carter, where he used no speed or size, means he's an all star and "way too good". What about his 0 assists in the tournament? What about the fact that the scoring for the U18 tourney was led by 15, 16 and 17 year olds? I guess they are all "way too good" for boys hockey as well. We should see Bedard, Michkov, Miroschnichenko, Wright, Savoie, all come along and instantly dominate the Q.

He was the best player on Belarus along with Kuzmin, who I really like as well. But that doesn't mean he is suddenly better than everyone else in the QMJHL. A league where he has proved nothing.

I like your support for the team, and especially for the players. But please atleast put it in some level of reality.

Edited by Sp3nny
  • Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Lots of unrealistic expectations for this young man. It will take him some time to adjust to living in Canada, foreign language, team mates and systems. I do not expect him to take the world by storm as some on here think. He is a very raw but skilled prospect and may not put many points on the stat sheet at the start of the season. I am hoping for a decent progression as the season goes on.

In the AHL he’s not going to dominate.  But in the Q he would score 60+.  I’m confident though he’s playing in Abbotsford, which is the best spot for him.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Lots of unrealistic expectations for this young man. It will take him some time to adjust to living in Canada, foreign language, team mates and systems. I do not expect him to take the world by storm as some on here think. He is a very raw but skilled prospect and may not put many points on the stat sheet at the start of the season. I am hoping for a decent progression as the season goes on.

All the more reason to have him in Abby.  There's no pressure to perform there, as an 18 year old, and in addition to the development opportunity, he also has full access to the orgs psychological resources and to help him with the transition etc.

I've always been pretty outspoken about keeping the farm in Utica, but now that they're in Abby, they need to embrace it as a full service development program with as many prospects as they can.  My drafting philosophy, if I were JB, would be to look at players who can come over asap.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

All the more reason to have him in Abby.  There's no pressure to perform there, as an 18 year old, and in addition to the development opportunity, he also has full access to the orgs psychological resources and to help him with the transition etc.

I've always been pretty outspoken about keeping the farm in Utica, but now that they're in Abby, they need to embrace it as a full service development program with as many prospects as they can.  My drafting philosophy, if I were JB, would be to look at players who can come over asap.

I would tend to agree with that to a point. If they believe a player has a good enough skill set esp. when it comes to skating ability and ability to think the game; they should by all means look into bringing him over a bit earlier. Unfortunately that does not work for those drafted out of the CHL as they have to be 20 yrs old. In respect to Klimovich.... from what little I have seen of him on video his skating probably could use some work but his determination and work ethic on the ice should help in his transition to the AHL if, in fact, that is where he winds up playing

4 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I would tend to agree with that to a point. If they believe a player has a good enough skill set esp. when it comes to skating ability and ability to think the game; they should by all means look into bringing him over a bit earlier. Unfortunately that does not work for those drafted out of the CHL as they have to be 20 yrs old. In respect to Klimovich.... from what little I have seen of him on video his skating probably could use some work but his determination and work ethic on the ice should help in his transition to the AHL if, in fact, that is where he winds up playing

My drafting practice would be that unless a player from the CHL is very obviously the BPA at my spot, I would avoid drafting CHL players at all times.

29 minutes ago, stawns said:

My drafting practice would be that unless a player from the CHL is very obviously the BPA at my spot, I would avoid drafting CHL players at all times.

Looks like JB agrees with that. A lot of his draft picks are either NCAA or European or in a few cases USHL and heading to college.

PS.... probably got put on ignore from the one calling both you and Alf troll's..... saved me the bother of putting him on ignore lol.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
clarity
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

An intriguing prospect, never heard of him but I trust in Benningtons scouting, but damn I wish we took a stab at Raty. A rough, weird year with Covid and a potential #1 drops to the second round, you gotta take a stab at that. And he just dominated that last junior tournament did he not? Don’t get me wrong I’m proud of this pick and stoked to see what the kid can become but I was still high on Raty despite the complete downfall he had with every teams scouting departments. This is one comparison I will have my eye on with Danny vs Raty for the next decade. Regardless Go Canucks Go!! Very exciting next couple of years coming up for Canucks fans. 

• Huggy Bear 1

9 minutes ago, Nigerian said:

An intriguing prospect, never heard of him but I trust in Benningtons scouting, but damn I wish we took a stab at Raty. A rough, weird year with Covid and a potential #1 drops to the second round, you gotta take a stab at that. And he just dominated that last junior tournament did he not? Don’t get me wrong I’m proud of this pick and stoked to see what the kid can become but I was still high on Raty despite the complete downfall he had with every teams scouting departments. This is one comparison I will have my eye on with Danny vs Raty for the next decade. Regardless Go Canucks Go!! Very exciting next couple of years coming up for Canucks fans. 

I thought Raty was the pick, 100%

Don't be surprised if he makes the team straight out of training camp!! This kid seems to offer something we really lack in bottom 6 now: size, toughness, speed and ability to score!! Listen, if the competition for last 4th line spots is gonna be with Highmore, Gadjovich, MacEwen and Lockwood then he does have A chance unless JB brings in a veteran like Eric Staal! 

Edited by RakuRaku