The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

4 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Lots of unrealistic expectations for this young man. It will take him some time to adjust to living in Canada, foreign language, team mates and systems. I do not expect him to take the world by storm as some on here think. He is a very raw but skilled prospect and may not put many points on the stat sheet at the start of the season. I am hoping for a decent progression as the season goes on.

HES THE SECOND COMING OF MOGILNY OMGZ

• Haha 1

I am very intrigued with this kid but I doubt he is ready for the NHL. He is a very raw talent . As with most prospects a long shot.

Jim left Raty on the board who may turn out to be the better choice.

With the lack of picks that we have had over the last two years they needed to hit on this second.

Lack of high picks.

All eyes will be on Klimovich at training camp.

Edited by appleboy

11 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

CDC is gonna CDC.

Some rather profound homers around these parts. One of the most remarkable examples around here is not even of this planet. :lol:

Speaking of homers, I haven't seen @apollo in ages 

Figured he'd be all over these last couple weeks 

Edited by Coconuts

7 hours ago, appleboy said:

I am very intrigued with this kid but I doubt he is ready for the NHL. He is a very raw talent . As with most prospects a long shot.

Jim left Raty on the board who may turn out to be the better choice.

With the lack of picks that we have had over the last two years they needed to hit on this second.

Lack of high picks.

All eyes will be on Klimovich at training camp.

Do you think he gets an invite this year? Canucks have been pretty reserved with fresh prospects in this regard I feel lately. 

23 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Do you think he gets an invite this year? Canucks have been pretty reserved with fresh prospects in this regard I feel lately. 

I think they said he would be at camp. Maybe they ment for the AHL

• Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I think they said he would be at camp. Maybe they ment for the AHL

You're right. I just read they're inviting him to camp and they've already signed him. Did not know this until now! Exciting! We always take our time with prospects and this one we are getting a quick evaluation! 

2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

You're right. I just read they're inviting him to camp and they've already signed him. Did not know this until now! Exciting! We always take our time with prospects and this one we are getting a quick evaluation! 

I think the recent KHL experience with Podkolzin had an effect. I’ve heard that some inside the organization were possibly even more impatient than the fans with Pod getting the “rookie” treatment and playing very limited icetime during much of his tenure with SKA.

• Vintage 1

12 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think the recent KHL experience with Podkolzin had an effect. I’ve heard that some inside the organization were possibly even more impatient than the fans with Pod getting the “rookie” treatment and playing very limited icetime during much of his tenure with SKA.

Ya , if Klimovich is good enough I think the best place for him is the AHL. Then the Q if he needs a lower level for a while.

The nice thing with keeping him on the farm is that he could be called up for a few games. 

Of coarse this is all based on how he looks in training camp. This guy is such an unknown. 

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

Ya , if Klimovich is good enough I think the best place for him is the AHL. Then the Q if he needs a lower level for a while.

The nice thing with keeping him on the farm is that he could be called up for a few games. 

Of coarse this is all based on how he looks in training camp. This guy is such an unknown. 

If he can't cut it in the AHL (no shame in that at this point) and they sent him to the Q - would that not keep him out of AHL/NHL the following season?

Wouldn't he be better off in the K in that case?

Article in the Province the other day on Klimovich. Some tidbits:

Benning - "He's a big guy, powerful and we think there's a lot of upside. We want to control where he goes to junior or goes back home and plays. We've talked about Abbotsford (AHL), but we'll see where he's at when he comes to camp."

Klimovich - "I'm a sniper. I love to shoot pucks. I think Vancouver fans will be happy with my performance."

His coach in Belarus is even said to have compared him to Alex Ovechkin - only meaner.

Klimovich certainly doesn't lack confidence or physical strength/size, which is great. He sounds very determined to make the NHL this year, or at worst Abbotsford. Benning said though, that Klimovich going back to Belarus to play is also still an option.

There's going to be great competition at training camp.  

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, nzan said:

If he can't cut it in the AHL (no shame in that at this point) and they sent him to the Q - would that not keep him out of AHL/NHL the following season?

Wouldn't he be better off in the K in that case?

The moment you send him to the Q he will have to stay down a full season, but likely if he gets sent down there he will need the ice time and to work on a lot of fundamentals anyways so it just depends on how he performs at camp. If he is somewhat promising he will go to the AHL because they can regulate his ice time, but if he's not ready for the AHL then he will spend the year in the Q regardless. They're going to avoid the KHL because then they can't control his development, it's up to the KHL. 

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

The moment you send him to the Q he will have to stay down a full season, but likely if he gets sent down there he will need the ice time and to work on a lot of fundamentals anyways so it just depends on how he performs at camp. If he is somewhat promising he will go to the AHL because they can regulate his ice time, but if he's not ready for the AHL then he will spend the year in the Q regardless. They're going to avoid the KHL because then they can't control his development, it's up to the KHL. 

I understand this season - I think it keeps him in the Q for the following season too unless he makes the big team.

Or are things different than they used to be? Or even different because he's not a North American prospect?

In years past, you couldn't play AHL until a certain age. It was the big club or back to juniors.

2 hours ago, nzan said:

I understand this season - I think it keeps him in the Q for the following season too unless he makes the big team.

Or are things different than they used to be? Or even different because he's not a North American prospect?

In years past, you couldn't play AHL until a certain age. It was the big club or back to juniors.

He is a big kid who can move pretty good maybe the A in a very reduced role to start.

9 hours ago, nzan said:

I don't know if the NHL or CHL only rule applies only if a player was drafted from the CHL, or if it would also apply if he played in the CHL for a season after the draft. It may not. Obviously overseas is not impacted either way.

• Cheers 1