The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

37 minutes ago, RomanP said:

I listened to the interviews of both Podkolzin and Klimovich and must say - Canucks need a different translator. She is omitting small details both ways, which changes often either the concept of the question or the meaning of the answer almost completely. She's also sometimes adding her own things to the answers, which has nothing to do with what the players actually said.

UFC was always guilty of that, they would find random Portuguese or Russian translators that have no knowledge of the sport. 

6 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Eventually, hopefully, yes, but not this year.  He is 18 nervous and over his head.  He will go to the Q for a year then maybe a little time in Abby before hopefully he develops to the point that he can have a shot in the NHL.

Look at Podz composure. And resume.  They are worlds apart.

Hogz developed in the SHL before ever coming here.  That matters.

Klim is a raw talent and needs time.  Give him time and then he's got a shot at being a great story down the road a little.

Couldn't have put it any better.

• Vintage 1

On 9/17/2021 at 5:31 PM, Me_ said:

I have a feeling that Klimovich is going to show up Höglander style…

I really can't see him making the Canucks, but he might surprise everyone and wind up showing that he's outgrown Junior and is ready to just head to Abbotsford. Wouldn't be a bad compromise.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I really can't see him making the Canucks, but he might surprise everyone and wind up showing that he's outgrown Junior and is ready to just head to Abbotsford. Wouldn't be a bad compromise.

I do not see him making the Canucks this season either but, like you, really hope he is good enough to make the Abby team. Not a fan of sending him the the Q for a number of reasons.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

How many goals does he need to stick?

This one could be a real roof raiser Hairy,

I don’t think anyone can put a ceiling on him, or himself for that matter.  Love his deceptive acceleration when he skates, and watching those shots slip off his stick.

This one could do no worse than be in Abby until Christmas or the race til playoffs.

He needs to stay on the Coast here either with, or close to an abundance of skills trainers to keep him on the right track.

I think he replaces Sutter by the end of regular season.

Klims game gets better every practice here it seems.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I do not see him making the Canucks this season either but, like you, really hope he is good enough to make the Abby team. Not a fan of sending him the the Q for a number of reasons.

Among the other reasons is that he needs to learn English pretty well from scratch. It might be more confusing in Quebec

• Vintage 1

On 9/17/2021 at 7:41 PM, RomanP said:

I listened to the interviews of both Podkolzin and Klimovich and must say - Canucks need a different translator. She is omitting small details both ways, which changes often either the concept of the question or the meaning of the answer almost completely. She's also sometimes adding her own things to the answers, which has nothing to do with what the players actually said.

It definitely wouldn’t hurt to smile either and look somewhat enthusiastic about what you are discussing.

6 minutes ago, laddie said:

It definitely wouldn’t hurt to smile either and look somewhat enthusiastic about what you are discussing.

Maybe @RomanP or one of our other CDC posters that are fluent in Russian could use some extra cash and apply as both Klim and Pods translator.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Maybe @RomanP or one of our other CDC posters that are fluent in Russian could use some extra cash and apply as both Klim and Pods translator.

Wrong quote

Edited by RomanP

35 minutes ago, laddie said:

Put yourself in his shoes. 18 year old kid, doesn’t speak English, without his family, half way across the globe. Also, it was his very first interview ever.

• Cheers 2